shakeology

Options
Has anyone done this? A family member is doing the 3-day cleanse and is seeing good results from it. Does it taste good? Any flavors better than others? Does anyone take it daily? I just want some honest opinions about it.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's overpriced garbage
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

There are so many free shake recipes out there, it would be absurd to buy into a program you can easily create yourself for a fraction of the price

Edited to add: I have an (overweight) friend who is a rep for shakeology who keeps trying to recruit me. If it didn't work for her then why should I buy it?
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

There are so many free shake recipes out there, it would be absurd to buy into a program you can easily create yourself for a fraction of the price

You can make them cheaper and more naturally, too. More nutrients, probably less calories, and more deliciousesessesness.

And less pyramid.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I also find people who buy weight gainers humorous, pretty easy to throw some pb and bananas into a shake and make it more cals
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    A cleanse it temporarily weight loss. The shakes do taste delicious, but are expensive and really not enough calories for a meal replacement.
  • jessababy22
    Options
    Yeah I've done juicing in the past and I liked it found it beneficial. I personally can't see spending that much money on a damn shake... Thank you for making me feel like I wasn't crazy for buying into it. I'm happy for my relative but I personally don't have that much money to splurge.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    I personally found all the shakeology flavors yucky, when mixed with water - which is how I prefer to take my shakes, due to calorie ranges I am working with, for my body size (I am short).

True- one can doctor them to make them more palatable, but that's to much trouble for me. Sort of defeats the point, for me, especially since I do not see them as being a "better option"

I do not use a shake as a meal replacement, nor do I want to.

I take some added supplements to adjust my nutrients to the values I prefer, and supplement my real food choices. And shakelogy would still not get me to that range, of the nutrient types I personally tweak. My vitamins, and antioxidants are also cheaper. :)

I want a shake that tastes good, in water, without needing additions. (to supplement my food choices, and give me additional protein)

There are many great nutrition meal replacement, and/or protein shakes out there, with better taste, and cost/value , IMO.

If you want to try shakeology, you can usually pickup a few packets on ebay, fairly inexpensively.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    My position on this is simple: eat real food.

Also, look at the use by date on one of the shakes. Anything that keeps that long certainly isn't fresh. Not in my body thanks!