ZOMBIES!!

Options
I'm afraid of them.

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Then take up running. When the apocalypse comes some of us will be able to run away!
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have asthma and can't run. I'm screwed.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    A brisk walk is enough to evade a zombie, even a few. Find shelter, get provisions, sweat it out.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    A brisk walk is enough to evade a zombie, even a few. Find shelter, get provisions, sweat it out.

Hold on Aperture..

Remember my post some time ago about the kind of zombie we will be dealing with?

Look at these incidents so far. Drug induced mindless eating machines. The kind of zombie we will be facing is an enraged, foaming at the mouth, probably capabale of sprinting long distances before even getting the slightest bit tired. We wont be running from staggering corpses that are only dried skin and bone, we're going to be running from crazy mofos that dont feel pain... 28 DAYS LATER man!

OP, there is still time to get crazy ready for this, stock up on ammo if you aint gonna be a runner. Become a heavy hitter.
  • Aperture_Science
    Options
    Well I guess it comes down to semantics. I wouldn't class the bath salts incidents or the 28 day virus as zombie attacks. The zombie survival guide and world war z ,states zombies as those infected with solarum virus. These are slow moving.

But I guess it's also a moot point because regardless of the type of infestation your biggest threat in the initial week or so will be from other "live" people. You need to avoid potential sources of infestation and panic attacks.

For this reason I still recommend getting supplies sorted and hole up somewhere easily defendable and monitor the situation closely.

I'm lucky I guess... I've got an underground test facility to hide in..... And there is science to be done.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    LOL, why is this in the Food and Nutrition forum? Are you planning on being food?

Also, this:
    But I guess it's also a moot point because regardless of the type of infestation your biggest threat in the initial week or so will be from other "live" people. You need to avoid potential sources of infestation and panic attacks.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Well I guess it comes down to semantics. I wouldn't class the bath salts incidents or the 28 day virus as zombie attacks. The zombie survival guide and world war z ,states zombies as those infected with solarum virus. These are slow moving.

For this reason I still recommend getting supplies sorted and hole up somewhere easily defendable and monitor the situation closely.

I'm lucky I guess... I've got an underground test facility to hide in..... And there is science to be done.

Unless your company...in some weird twist of fate.. is the one that creats the solarum virus..I mean..how would you know? That mantis-men incident was never really contained.
  • Aperture_Science
    Options
    The samples of Solarum we have at Aperture Science are well contained. but it's worth mentioning... Zombies make terrible test subjects (most look into the operational end of the device!) and sentry turrets are terrible at containing zombies (they rarely go for the head shot).

On the plus side, a zombie and some repulsion gel keeps the office boys amused for hours.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    The samples of Solarum we have at Aperture Science are well contained. but it's worth mentioning... Zombies make terrible test subjects (most look into the operational end of the device!) and sentry turrets are terrible at containing zombies (they rarely go for the head shot).

On the plus side, a zombie and some repulsion gel keeps the office boys amused for hours.

..*facepalm*..
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

here we go. thankfully, I have a 4 foot long spear at my house (self made, steel wire re-enforced with a steel cap), a sturdy rubberized axe, thick leather gloves, plenty of wood to re-enforce the doors and windows, and a face mask. First word I get of dead things, I'm emptying out the local Walmart of all the ensure and protein powder (water soluble) I can find and going to the mountains of Vermont.

Remember people, Guns run out of ammo, are loud, and can jam. Spears and axes on the other hand, almost never jam, and you don't need to reload them. And you really don't need to aim very well with an axe.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

here we go. thankfully, I have a 4 foot long spear at my house (self made, steel wire re-enforced with a steel cap), a sturdy rubberized axe, thick leather gloves, plenty of wood to re-enforce the doors and windows, and a face mask. First word I get of dead things, I'm emptying out the local Walmart of all the ensure and protein powder (water soluble) I can find and going to the mountains of Vermont.

Remember people, Guns run out of ammo, are loud, and can jam. Spears and axes on the other hand, almost never jam, and you don't need to reload them. And you really don't need to aim very well with an axe.

crossbows are just about your best buddy in this case
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Oh noooooes! You better run from me and my zombie friends then (from the Run For Your Lives 5k)

573888713.jpg?key=1024614&Expires=1340397232&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=fjwPt47Ziwe6XeFCMJsGgwlpPOeL34bwEJTBNqUBapZtKXI7W5fdt2XOwLc75DuHc1x6XtTW1iEpBJIYifv3ZVDmF5DCrBW96zEBLYqA4bpfME0I-uJDD8oYIkSlIGss-YALrLPV8X1OvWqD9J1DQSWRJ6PLEpVjj14Ji2N9tHw_
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

crossbows are just about your best buddy in this case

except they're slow to load, run out of ammo, and can also jam (I've seen it happen). Telling you, it's fine to have the ammo load weapons, but always have a piece of steel and oak at the ready in case, and always keep a clear line of retreat!
  • Aperture_Science
    Options

Great advice. If you dont have a supply of mantis men or test subjects to throw at the problem, or your portal gun is out of action (no issues with reloading a portal gun... They just keep going) then low tech it the way.

Spears keep you away from the ghouls but if you've not got one a wrecking bar/ crow bar is good.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

Great advice. If you dont have a supply of mantis men or test subjects to throw at the problem, or your portal gun is out of action (no issues with reloading a portal gun... They just keep going) then low tech it the way.

Spears keep you away from the ghouls but if you've not got one a wrecking bar/ crow bar is good.

In theory, wouldnt you be able to potentially behead a reanimated being by shooting an orange-frequency portal at the head, and a blue-frequency portal at the wall? Do portals only respond to specific surface types?