Any Fitness19 or Snap Fitness Members Out There?

Options
Krys_140
Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
I have learned that our healthcare provider offers a monthly "pay back" of $20 if you go to a participating gym 12 times in the same calendar month. There's no other requirements to get the monthly stipend. The gym must participate in their program, and you have to check in at the gym 12 times.

Lifetime Fitness participates, and I was a member there for a few years, but even with the $20, it's too expensive for my current budget. SO, I was looking into the other gyms that participate, and there are two that seem to fit within my budget. Fitness19 and Snap Fitness.

Has anyone been a member at either, or better yet - at both? What did you think? How is the support? Do they offer any classes? How are the personal trainers?

I'm located in the far northwest Chicago suburbs, so a huge bonus would be hearing about the locations in this area. But, since they're chains, any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I use Fitness 19 and like it. They often run trainer 'specials' (currently I have half hour sessions for $17/session).

It's certainly no YMCA or big gym, but it has the machines and weights i need to get the job done.

Also, it's less than 5 minutes from my house, so the fact that they don't have showers doesn't effect me.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Alright, I think I can help ya....I'm in the northwest suburbs IL as well....I currently belong to Snap Fitness, have been with them since February 2011....as far as cost, I thought they were decent. If you pay 12 months in advance, you get the last 3 months free, and for me the total would be $419. I go to the one in Algonquin, and it's not too crowded there....the benefits are that the place is only 3 miles from home....the drawbacks are that there are no showers, and the place is somewhat small (strip mall set up). The staff there is pretty cool, and as far as exercise classes, I see them doing group fitness camps here and there, otherwise it's mostly personal trainers. I don't remember much as far as class or trainer rates though. I have watched their trainers in action, and for the most part they seem to be on the ball, though the majority of training is for older people. I hope this helps, PM me if you have any other questions \m/
  • johnsa02
    johnsa02 Posts: 1
    Options
    I used Snap Fitness in Minnesota. As far as convenience? It's great! They are open 24 hours. I got on a New Year deal in 2011 where I paid $20.11 per month for a 12 month contract. It worked great because I ended up not paying a dime with my insurance deal. They keep the locations very clean and secure. Its great for using machines and if you travel, you have access to every Snap Fitness nationwide. You do not however have the extras such as "classes" and locker room use(pending location).
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!! Keep the feedback coming!

I appreciate hearing about the no locker rooms, no fitness classes depending on location. The pricing definitely seems to fall within budget (I just remembered that I also have access to a wellness reimbursement through my office that could take care of the rest of the cost of the membership).

Both chains are offering a complimentary 1-day pass, so I can check them both out on my own, but I am really appreciating the insight y'all are sharing!!!!

The thing I like about both chains is that there are locations near my house and near my office. However, without locker rooms or showers, I'd have to workout after work exclusively, and would have to change at the office, if I go to the location near work... Good to know!

What else should I know??