been there done that but ready to do it for real

faithinme
faithinme Posts: 28
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi... I'm new, my daughter just told me about this and I'm excited. Just don't know where or how, but I'm willing to try my best. I just need to find a happy medium with food. I've done some drastic thrings to loose it work for a miniute and I gained it all back. I look forward to sharing and gowing with you all and lookng fo wisdom. I have a way to go but I want to be sussessful.

c

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Hello faith ..... great to have you join us at an awesome website(thanks mike) .....good luck on your weight loss journey .... take one day at a time and know that you CAN do this
  • Thanks... for the immediate reply... I feel good about this... Great job on the 8 lbs!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Thanks... for the immediate reply... I feel good about this... Great job on the 8 lbs!
    thank you very much ........ cant wait until wednesday to weigh in (wow did i just say that ) lol .....
  • how often do you weigh in?
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    how often do you weigh in?

once a week
  • OK... I will start tomorrow since I just joined tonight... I must say that i am nervous because I always go back to old habits, but I am praying that this will work. I just need someone to understand my plight and I think I have found it here! YEAH... I am so excited!

Chana
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    OK... I will start tomorrow since I just joined tonight... I must say that i am nervous because I always go back to old habits, but I am praying that this will work. I just need someone to understand my plight and I think I have found it here! YEAH... I am so excited!

Chana
    Dont be nervous ......be excited ..... set small goals for yourself and reward yourself (not with food) .... get a group .....we motivate each other ..... and know we are not perfect we all have bad days but just put your head up and move forward ....drink lots of water and dont give up .,,,,,your on your way new a new happy lifestyle
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    correction.... TO A NEW HAPPY LIFESTYLE
  • thanks... what do you do with late nite hunger
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    thanks... what do you do with late nite hunger
    drink more water .......i try not to eat after 6pm .... so far its working for me ....
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    but if your in your calories then its okay to have something healthy ...... and if you eat something bad that night just get on track the next day ,,, dont beat yourself up just move ahead
  • you are AWESOME... thanks for taking the time.... I know this will take some effort on my part, but I know it's just one day at a time.
  • oh!!! and congrats on the 8lbs..:happy:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    This is not a diet. This is not "eat nothing and lose the weight". This is a lifestyle change. If you use the information on this website, you can lose weight and keep it off. It's not a quick fix.

Good luck.

Read thru the "all newbies must read" stickies in the community, and in particular, the one on expectations. Also the one on 700 calorie a day diets...
  • ok.. thanks for keeping it real.. yes.. it is a lifestyle change...yes you are right,

faith
  • I'm new to this... where do I find this info???
  • Found it!!! YEAH....
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    This is not a diet. This is not "eat nothing and lose the weight". This is a lifestyle change. If you use the information on this website, you can lose weight and keep it off. It's not a quick fix.

Good luck.

Read thru the "all newbies must read" stickies in the community, and in particular, the one on expectations. Also the one on 700 calorie a day diets...

So true! I know when I first started here, I thought it WAS going to be just like any other "diet". I'd lose a few, and then go back to my old ways and gain it back. :sad: And when someone first told me that MFP WASN'T a diet, it was a "lifestyle change", I thought, "YA, SURE IT IS, IT'S JUST ANOTHER DIET WITH A FANCY TITLE!" :grumble: But, before too long, after actually seeing exactly HOW MUCH I was putting into my mouth every day, and all the bad choices I was making, I finally understood! :wink: I needed to make better food choices, cut down some on the meat that I LOVE, and get some exercise, since it "ups" my numbers, and wonder of wonder, the weight DID come off! :love:
    Hopefully this site will work as great for you as it has for me Faith! :happy: Welcome to the best site on the web! :love: :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Thank you thank you thank you.. today was my fisrt day, it wasn't bad, logging items in was a challenge, but when I saw how many calories I ate it was good, I actually had some left over. Just one day at a time. Yes this is a lifestyle change and I am looking forward to getting to know as many people as I can throug this journey.

Thanks again for the encouraging words

faith
This discussion has been closed.