Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    1670139_2921.jpg
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz has flipped his lid and is nothing but a flake now!

that's not true, he's ALSO a sell out.
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I was actually recommended the Raspberry Ketones from a nurse at work (so I felt the suggestion was legit) and then saw the stuff from Dr Oz while doing some research. I went out and bought some (I've been in a crazy *kitten* plateau for a while-and i feel I eat clean for the most part--90% of the time)...oddly enough-I actually craved MORE with taking them--I had just the opposite affect that was said to happen. I ended up putting on weight a handful of weight within the week of taking it because I craved SUGAR!

I got off of them, and within a couple of days, could care less about eating sugar--and then I started Dr Oz 28 Day Carb Detox. I'm seeing some great results from that after the first week (It's helped reset me back to my old weight-loss days when I lost my first 50lbs). I've lost 6lbs in the first week--no raspberry ketones needed.
  • StacyLynnBennett
    StacyLynnBennett Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have been taking them for about 2 weeks and I have lost between 8-10 pounds. They do help curb your appetite but it takes about a week before you can tell. They are natural and the only thing is when you first start taking them you have to get used to the taste because if you burp after you take them you can taste the raspberries. Just like when you first start taking fish oil it does the same thing then you are used to them. I haven't had any negative effects with taking them so try it if you want. Two other girls from my work are also taking them and they have lost weight as well. I used to take phentermine and had to stop because they make me too jittery and are not good for you either. As long as you eat right and exercise they should be fine. I bought the Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals brand that is in a red bottle with white and red label.
  • maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I work at a health food store where they are sold. I have yet to hear success stories. I personally believe there are better ways (that dont cost as much!) to loose weight. Everyone is different though, if you find they work for you - good! just make sure they're ones without all the bad caffeine added to them!

Why is caffeine bad?

that is my question too.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Dr. Oz has flipped his lid and is nothing but a flake now!

that's not true, he's ALSO a sell out.

Very true, sell out. (Nice boobies by the way)
  • maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Two Words:

CHIA SEEDS.

All natural and will solve all your problems. Go read up :)

Right. Raspberry Ketones - totally bogus. But Chia Seeds are legit. If you're fat, they'll make you skinny. If you're weak they'll make you strong. If you're short, they'll make you tall, and if you're bald, they'll grow your hair. I'm sure Dr. Oz will be all over this soon.

wait....what makes the hair grow? i'm hoping to stop the balding process here so hook a dude up with the 411. I'll eat chia seeds and raspberry ketones all day if it will save my hair :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I have been taking them for about 2 weeks and I have lost between 8-10 pounds. They do help curb your appetite but it takes about a week before you can tell. They are natural and the only thing is when you first start taking them you have to get used to the taste because if you burp after you take them you can taste the raspberries. Just like when you first start taking fish oil it does the same thing then you are used to them. I haven't had any negative effects with taking them so try it if you want. Two other girls from my work are also taking them and they have lost weight as well. I used to take phentermine and had to stop because they make me too jittery and are not good for you either. As long as you eat right and exercise they should be fine. I bought the Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals brand that is in a red bottle with white and red label.

5382388872_e55d61a3f7_z.jpg
  • lil_bear0811
    Options
    What we must remember, is just because it's natural.... doesn't mean it's good for you. I wouldn't take poison ivy pills, if they were linked to being the next weight loss cure. NATURAL doesn't = healthy. You got this way on your own, you can get fit on your own. Take the easy way out and when all the weight comes back PLUS, you'll be looking for the next quick fix, while the ones who bust their a$$es are maintaining their rewards because they've learned how.
  • usmcmp
    Options

5382388872_e55d61a3f7_z.jpg

I'm stealing this one. Unfortunately few people will get it.
  • CrysButcher3
    CrysButcher3 Posts: 322
    Options
    Well...... I have lost 4.4 lbs since this past Wednesday.

I started taking them Wednesday because I was tired of jumping back and forth a few lbs or 6 lbs once....SO I went to Walgreens and got them. Hey...what did I REALLY have to lose besides the $14.99 it cost to take them for 2 weeks???

#1. It has dramatically controlled my urge to eat. BUT I still force myself to eat those 1,510 calories I must eat to get my nutrients.
    #2. I lost 4.4 lbs since Wednesday....by taking 3 before breakfast and 3 before dinner.
    #3. There are NO side effects except the curbing of your appetite. (I don't consider this a BAD thing!)

Will you get the same results? I have no clue...everyone is different, but I seen results so I have been recommending it to my sister who is overweight and struggles too.
    I will keep taking them. Not taking the easy way out, I bust my butt exercising, I burn 2,010 calories a week by exercising and kept gaining and wasn't losing inches either. If this helps me....I'm taking it. I'm not even paying attention to the bad publicity it is getting....4.4lbs loss on the scale was enough for me to turn a deaf ear to it all.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Here we go again.
    Another magic Pill!
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    You do realize that Dr. Oz promotes anything these days. Eating right and exercising will make you lose weight not some Raspberry Ketones.
  • megancarlotta
    Options
    I started my plan 8 weeks ago. I joined a gym which I go to twice a week for strength training and I do at least 2 other days of cardio. I typically eat 1600 calories a day. The first two weeks I only lost a pound, so I tried the RK. I took one at breakfast, one at lunch and white bean extract before dinner. I was really good at it in the beginning, but now I forget a lot and am taking them very sporadically. Flash forward to today, I am down 11 pounds and feeling good. Do I think it is the RK? No, perhaps they have helped, but I am working hard at trying to lose weight and changing my lifestyle. When I run out of RK, I will not buy any more. It's not like I am down 20 pounds in 8 weeks, it is not a miracle pill, it is not going to cure all of my problems. So who really knows?
  • ilesol
    ilesol Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is an ENTERTAINER. He is on TV for the money. If he wanted to REALLY help people, he wouldn´t be saying there´s a miracle pill or whatever... Overweight people like us, are an easy target for those scams. Just move more, eat sensibly, and be PATIENT. It took me 2 years to put on this weight, I KNOW it won´t go away in a month with the help of pills!
  • ladystrange1
    ladystrange1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Two Words:

CHIA SEEDS.

All natural and will solve all your problems. Go read up :)

Right. Raspberry Ketones - totally bogus. But Chia Seeds are legit. If you're fat, they'll make you skinny. If you're weak they'll make you strong. If you're short, they'll make you tall, and if you're bald, they'll grow your hair. I'm sure Dr. Oz will be all over this soon.

wait....what makes the hair grow? i'm hoping to stop the balding process here so hook a dude up with the 411. I'll eat chia seeds and raspberry ketones all day if it will save my hair :)

Started chuckling Immediately was thinking of the Chia pets. Paste some on your water and watch the hair magically grow in 3-10 days
  • EricaJamie08
    EricaJamie08 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Actually you folks talking about hair loss, apparently ketones applied to the skin helps hair regrets. Also skin elasticity. Fat loss? Who knows. I'll try. I've plateaued.
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    you bumped a 16 month old thread to say you're going to do it anyway? Plateaus aren't complicated. There are no tricks to it or supplements needed. If you have *really, truly, honestly* not gotten lax about your diet or your workouts, and you have properly adjusted your intake to match your new, lower weight... then watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CHWwSnMQ6o

Dr. Mike is a smart guy. I like Lyle MacDonald a bit more, but Dr. Mike knows how to take the science and make anyone understand it. Enjoy.

If all else fails, drop your calories a bit more and see what happens.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Y'all know that, even if they do make you sweat more, that doesn't = fat loss, right?

And:

1000x500px-LL-9cd17c67_holy20thread20resurrection.jpg
  • Mouseanonymous802
    Options
    Sorry but I don't know where you getti them from but my dad got them with green coffe for 295 and like 395 and now has 8995 and 6995 taken out his account every month and the bank can't stop it cause they change their name and you can't ring them to cancel the order cause its a dead number soo please don't order them. We've had to shut our account and re open it elsewhere and keeping getting court threats etc,
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!