Smoothies

Options
genabean
genabean Posts: 6 Member
I've made a few attempts at making smoothies and they never seem to come out right. Any recipe suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• profgal43
    profgal43 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You can't miss with a frozen banana, a scoop of protein powder, a T of peanut butter, and a cup of coconut milk. Yum! My favorite dinner smoothie. Sometimes I throw some mango in too.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Had a great green smoothie for lunch today.

Green Smoothie Recipe
    2 handfuls baby spinach
    1 cup yogurt (I used Light and Fit Vanilla)
    1 cup water
    1 cup pineapple chunks
    2 bananas

I used frozen bananas and mixed in some ice cubes with the water. Very tasty and filling.
    Kaye
  • trudence1
    trudence1 Posts: 34
    Options
    I do one frozen banana, a handful of spinach,1 /2 C milk, 1/2 C crushed ice, 4 strawberries, and I now add 1tsp of flax. YUM! and so healthy.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    My basic smoothie is a cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbs peanut butter, 1 scoop of protein powder. To that I usually add baby spinach or frozen blueberries, sometimes both. You can add any fruit you like, yogurt, and flavorings. I sometimes add some instant coffee for flavor and a caffeine hit.
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I just made this 10 minutes ago: 1.5 cup frozen fruit, 2 ice cubes, 1 cup water, 1 banana, 1 T flaxseed
  • jgilbey
    jgilbey Posts: 79
    Options
    My two favs are super easy. I like to crush ice with them cause I like that texture but anways.

1) I blend ice, and orange, a cup of vanilla yogurt, and a scoop of van. protein powder.

2) Ice, grapes (About a cup) and banana and the protein powder.

If I have spinach or kale around I usually throw in a handful into either and you can't taste it or feel it with the ice. MmmMmm
  • genabean
    genabean Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions!!