Sugar?

Options
Basically Almond milk has stopped being £1 in asda and has gone up to £2, so I'm only trying to use it on my cereal (as my mum buys its). So I've started making oatmeal with water, I find I have to add sugar though. I found this sugar in the cupboard, it's called 'Billingtons natural light unrefined muscavado sugar'. Do you think having 10-20 grams of this a day will effect my weight loss in any way? (obviously the calories of this are just replacing the calories of the milk)

This is the company http://www.billingtons.co.uk/home/products/unrefined-range

Replies

• Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I would put sugar in as one of the things your diary tracks so you can see how much you are getting now. Then you would be in a little better place to judge your quantities.
  • suemoony
    suemoony Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Have you thought of adding a little sprinkling of Cinnamon or Nutmeg with a small tsp of Honey??
    that would be so much better for you than sugar
    You could try bananas or blueberries too ;)))
  • ThomasFMendiola
    ThomasFMendiola Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Have you thought of adding a little sprinkling of Cinnamon or Nutmeg with a small tsp of Honey??
    that would be so much better for you than sugar
    You could try bananas or blueberries too ;)))

Great advice! Instead of sugar try adding in some fruits such as bananas, blueberries, grapes, etc. to give you the sweet taste that you want.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Pour some on me...in the name of love.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone keep bringing up Sugar? I really liked Cinnamon, Jasmin and Ginger were way better dancers!
  • jgarf4me
    jgarf4me Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    try adding coconut oil to it. Its awesome tasting and much heathier than sugar
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Basically Almond milk has stopped being £1 in asda and has gone up to £2, so I'm only trying to use it on my cereal (as my mum buys its). So I've started making oatmeal with water, I find I have to add sugar though. I found this sugar in the cupboard, it's called 'Billingtons natural light unrefined muscavado sugar'. Do you think having 10-20 grams of this a day will effect my weight loss in any way? (obviously the calories of this are just replacing the calories of the milk)

This is the company http://www.billingtons.co.uk/home/products/unrefined-range

Can you not do half water and half milk to add less sugar?