Worried I'm not losing anything?

Options
Hello, first of all, anyone can add me if they like- the motivation would be good!

Last time a weighed in, I think it was last weeked, I hadn't lost any weight.

I am trying hard to stick to my calorie goal but have had some bad days but each day I have made sure that I am exercising (add me if you want to see)

I'm worried that I just won't lose anything and, well, I don't know. I just think I will lose motivation if I haven't.

Replies

• ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    It's pretty normal to not lose right away.

I changed everything in one week. I went from literally sitting on my butt all day to exercising 5x/week. I went from eating out 6+ times a week to making everything at home. I went from processed foods to more whole food stuff.

I did actually drop a little the first week, but then went back up and stayed there for over three weeks.

But I kept going because I knew I was doing the right things, and the weight is finally starting to come off in a way that progress is starting to show.

I started in March, I started MFP in April, I started lifting heavy a week or two after that.

I weigh daily. I know some people don't like that, but it works for me. I enter it into a spreadsheet, where I have it connected to a graph. Some days (especially after I go to a restaurant), I'm up a couple pounds, but even my biggest binge hasn't been over 3,500 calories, so I know that's not a real gain. Within a couple days, it's back where it was, and often a few days later, it's down half a pound or so. My scale only does 1/2 pound increments, so it's annoying, but. . .

Weight loss can be really slow. Just don't give up.
  • LlostInSpace
    Options
    Thankyou! I'm really hoping I will have lost something :)
  • LlostInSpace
    Options
    Does anyone else have this problem?