what going on???

butterfly25
butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
i dont get it...i'm losing weight and i feel great...but why now i'am getting so many black and blue mark all over me???
i guess it's time to go back to the doctors:sad: :cry: :ohwell: i dont like going !!!

Replies

• Demetria
    Demetria Posts: 178
    might be anemia, yes go to the doctor, they can run blood tests and see what is up. Are you taking a multivitamin, getting enough protein, I think beef (dark red meat) has more iron in it than other meats.
    Do you usually bump into stuff alot or do you now seem to be more uncoordinated? The docs can check your reflexes, reaction time, look for neurological signs of anything going on.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    It could be low iron or low in vitamin C
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    i had the same problem for a week,,,,but i also drank a lot that weekend :ohwell: .....since u have ur food logged check and see how much iron and vitamin C ure getting daily :flowerforyou: u can prob change a category to iron and vitamin c on your food log
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    i was recently told i have severe iron deficiency anemia...and even after that didn't make the connection with the bruising til someone on here mentioned it, i had no idea it was a symptom i just thought i was abusing myself in my sleep or something :noway: :laugh:

can't hurt to get it checked out :smile:
  • I has no idea bruising was a sign of anemia... :indifferent:
    I should get it checked out, I guess... It can't hurt! :happy:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    yep, many times bruising easilly is caused by mineral deficiencies (iron, calcium, selenium...etc) best to get that checked out, anemia sucks!
  • sindyg
    sindyg Posts: 12
    You should probably go to the doctor. I was experiencing the sme things. Any little bump or scratch even, would cause me a bruise. I went to the docotor and it turned out my blood wasnt clotting fast enough due to a vitamin K difficiency. At the time i wasnt really into green veggies which contain vitamin K so the doctor gave me Vitamin K tablets to take daily. Since then ive definitely seen an improvement.
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    thanks all i'm going to call today!!
This discussion has been closed.