Introduction

Options
Hi everyone.. I figured I would introduce myself and start maybe building a nice lil support circle for myself, especially if there's anyone in the same situation.

My name is Brenda and I am 36 years old. I had a real eye opener for me this week. For the last 2 years, I've pretty much eaten 1 meal a day.. I just don't like to eat - funny coming from a fat chick, I know.. I make the kids lunch, but I just don't bother with myself.. My daily eating habits consist of 2 cups of coffee in the am and nothing until about 7 when I make dinner.. Then, I MIGHT have a snack in the evening, but most of the time its just another cup of coffee or a glass of hot tea.. While I try to make sure the meal that I have at dinner is healthy, that has taken its toll.. On average, I eat between 500 and 900 calories a day and have been this way now for some time.. I never really thought much about it because I have gained weight - if I'm gaining, I must be eating too much, right?? WRONG!!!

For the last couple of months, I've been on treatment for high blood pressure.. Couldn't understand why I had high blood pressure, as I don't eat alot of sodium.. Granted, I'm overweight, but I know lots of people who are much more overweight than I am who don't have high blood pressure.. My blood pressure issues started about a year and a half ago, about 6 months after I started eating only 1 meal.. Didn't notice the corrolation. I was put on a dosage of meds and had to have blood work to make sure it was not flushing out my potassium. They did a metabolic panel at that time.. Earlier this week, I got a call saying my cholesterol was way too high, my glucose was too high, my triglycerides were too high. Basically, my blood looked like I was eating big macs and french fries three meals a day, every day..

I just had more blood work and a huge sit down with the doc.. Basically, my body is in starvation mode.. I've gained weight not from what I'm eating, but from what I'm not eating - its holding on to everything it can trying to nourish itself.. My bloodwork is off the charts because my body is practically eating the muscle mass that I had to fuel itself because I'm not providing nutrients it needs. Basically, I'm a fat anorexic - actually called EDNOS - Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified. I'm extremely limited on what exercise I can do until my caloric intake is consistently above what the doc called RMR, which for me is above 1800 calories, and even then I have to have his approval. I can walk - thats it - for a maximum of 30 minutes 5 times a day. And I have to eat - for me thats the hard part.. You'd think the fat chick wouldn't have a problem eating but its gonna be hard. I'm now on strong heart medications to protect my heart from the damage I have possibly done. I went from taking no pills, to 1 pill, to 5 pills a day in a matter of a month to reverse the damage done. I'm going to have to watch everything I eat - avoid most simple carbohydrates (pasta, pizza, rice, ect) trying to get my blood chemistry back to where it should be.

So, this is a start to a better me.. each bite that I have forced down my throat today, I tell myself is necessary if I want to be around to watch my kids grow. Where for years I have looked as calories as threat, I now have to look at them as a way to grow old with my husband.

Has anyone else been in this situation? If so, feel free to message me, I'd love to get tips and success stories.