If you have cals left over - what do you eat?

Options
RawCarrots
RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
I've been looking over my dairy today and it seems foodwise I'm yoyo-ing most weeks - I have one or two days slightly over (100-200 cals max) but then rest of the week I'm under. I'm on 1400 a day and many days I'd be anything between 300 to 500 under.

I've decided to eat 1200 cals minimum from now on but not sure how to make up the difference?
For example, it's now past 11pm and I have 485cals left - what should I eat to make up the difference to 1400? I'm not hungry at all and had already eaten a banana and an apple an hour ago.

What do you snack on?

Replies

• creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    A nice realxing glass of wine with a couple strawberries (or some sort of fruit, if I don't have fruit just the wine). :drinker:
  • paperstars
    paperstars Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Despite my efforts, I'm typically under my calories. I've started eating a bowl of greek yogurt with a banana after the kids go to bed every night and that's around 200, depending on what else you put in the yogurt.
  • CrystalX82
    CrystalX82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to lose weight then having left over calories is ok. A deficit of 500 calories a day would equal up to a pound of weight loss in a week. If you're just looking to maintain, some late night snacks are an ounce of cheese and some crackers, or pretzels and hummus or some yogurt. I have some chocolate rice cakes on hand to handle that sweetness craving... otherwise, if you're not hungry, you don't need to force yourself. Sometimes I just wind up drinking water or tea and then brushing my teeth and that really helps kill my food cravings.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate- 85%. It's supposed to be very good for you and I don't like red wine :)
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    A nice realxing glass of wine with a couple strawberries (or some sort of fruit, if I don't have fruit just the wine). :drinker:

Hahahaha!!! Priceless!
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Have a higher calorie breakfast. or split into so many calories per meal. Not good to eat most of your calories at 11. I understand some days I leave a bunch. I try to get 1200 though.
  • michellematteson
    Options
    Dark chocolate (full of antioxidants - 300 calories), red wine (proven to help the heart if taken daily - 175 calories), or Nutella ('cause it tastes like chocolate but is thick enough to hit the spot - 100 calories for a tablespoon).
  • Cortney397
    Cortney397 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found protein powder that doesn't taste all chalky and gross like some powders do. It's called Elite protein. I mix it with milk and it's filling and nutritious. Also, when I'm craving something sweet I have a diced up peach with a tsp of cinnamon sugar and microwave them for 1 min. It's sweet and yummy and about 100 calories!
  • lucylAnneMason
    Options
    I give myself a treat or two =)
  • fitnspin
    fitnspin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt, almonds or dark chocolate.
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I eat... nothing :noway:

My under-days make up for my over-days :blushing: :laugh:
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    if i am hungry i usually have some cashews however most days i am not hungry and i just let them go. i can't bring myself to eat if i am not hungry or i fall into old habits of just eating to eat
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    If I'm seriously under calories I'll reach for the peanut butter jar. That usually takes care of it. I'd prefer a piece of dark chocolate, but I don't keep any around. It's too tempting.
  • kabbit42
    kabbit42 Posts: 85
    Options
    Mmm, chocolate milk. Or if I have some in my fridge I'll have a plain yogurt and be mighty pleased with myself.
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Have a higher calorie breakfast. or split into so many calories per meal. Not good to eat most of your calories at 11. I understand some days I leave a bunch. I try to get 1200 though.

Why not at 11?
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :tongue: :laugh:

Why not at 11?

Well gee, everyone knows you MUST finish eating by 10:46 on the dot, right......?:laugh:
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    nothing! lol..the goal is to HAVE calories left over :P
  • ktied
    ktied Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It depends, if I haven't reached my nutrient goals yet I will eat something to satisfy those. I'm usually low on protein, so tuna or almonds or something like that. If I have reached my goals, a glass of red wine =)
  • jvendramin
    jvendramin Posts: 15
    Options
    I only eat more if its before 8PM. If its once a week or so, no big deal. If its more than that, a more nutritious breakfast or lunch may be inn order. Also, I try to eat something with something other than just straight carbs: cheese, yogurt, almonds, apples with peanut butter, hummus & veggies, etc.
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Corona light LOL