2»

Replies

• 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    BUMP READ LATER !!!
  • wetsel23
    wetsel23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I like BBV. I Have a shake everyday for breakfast because its fast and easy. Its the only protein shake that ive had that tastes great. My husband is a bodybuilder and drinks shakes for after workouts and he has switched too because it tastes better than anything else he has tried. My kids ask for it for their snacks. I usually just mix the powder with almond milk and add PB2.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly safe to use if you like to eat shakes. It is not magic nutrition that will turn crappy habits into good habits. You can get the same results from controlling calories.

This is exactly right.

It's a shake with calories and nutrients, not a magic wand.
    If you like the taste and the convenience and the ingredients list looks good to you - go for it.

But, you could get just the same results from eating actual food if you prefer.
  • dernsaw
    dernsaw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a shake for breakfast during the work week, it tastes good, it's fast, and I find it's a good way to sneak in an extra serving of fruit. I usually add in whatever frozen berries or fruit I bought for the week.
  • Krisgren
    Krisgren Posts: 95
    Options
    I use it and really like it, the taste is awesome. I am not using it strictly like on their body by vi challenge 2 shakes a day thing but my mom is and she has lost 30 lbs in about 4 months I think, She's done really well, she does 2 shakes a day plus her snacks and a healthy dinner. She looks and feels great. She won't be stay on it forever but she has had quite a bit to lose and felt this was a good boost to get her journey started.

I leave my house on dayshifts by 5am and am definitely not ready for breakfast at that horrid unGodly hour blech!!! A shake fits just perfect, sometimes on nights or on the go or after a workout, or when I'm dealing with my many children and don't feel like stopping to make myself something to eat. I dunno it's quick, easy, relatively healthy, yummy and yup extra serving of fruit.

Anyways, just my opinion on it.
  • BifConif
    BifConif Posts: 9
    Options
    There are thousands of people that use this system and some with success. The only issue I have with the program is it is designed to keep people yo-yo'ing and coming back to use the program. This allows them to keep a constant revenue stream.

The reason I say yo-yo is because the program is designed to replaced meals with shakes. We should be re-learning how to eat during our weight loss phase. So unless you are planning to replace meals with shakes for the rest of your life, you eventually will gain some or all of the weight back.

If you can take the time to really look at your eating habits and then eliminate the real bad habits, you can still have a pleasurable eating lifestyle without the feeling of sacrifice (you can even treat yourself to something really bad once in a while) This way over time, it just becomes natural to eat better rather then stress about if you can get access to a shaker cup or blender.

Just my 2 cents...but it has been my approach and now I find it difficult to eat unhealthy because I have spent the time learning how to eat.
  • Skinnygirlinme
    Skinnygirlinme Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day on it! I love the taste, I have the sweet cream and I use vanilla soy milk and 2 bananas in it and I swear it taste just like a banana milkshake! Just add fruit to make it taste better! I do love it and it makes me feel full, plus I know im getting the protein and vitamins I need!
  • mscarreen09
    Options
    What I don't like about BBV is that when you go to these parties that people you know to promote the product they promote more of the business than the actual product. Also the fact that their video says you need to eat a ridiculous about of apples, eggs, potatoes, and etc to get the same amount of nutrients their 100 cal shake gives. They have false advertisement when advertise the product. My other thing is even the webpage with all the reasons to do BBV is about making money and getting that BMW. If it's supposed to be fitness why do they keep talking about that BMW? I don't care about a BMW!

For me, if you're losing weight by using BBV: use it.
    Personally I don't need to use it. So I won't use it.
  • JelaineO
    JelaineO Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I looooooove it!! Awesome from a nutritional stand point especially since when a lot of people first start dieting they aren't getting the proper nutrition since its a lifestyle change.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I did dig deeper and actually read the list of the 38 ingredients in those shakes. Many of them I could not pronounce, which is a sign of a highly processed "food-like" substance that I really don't want to ingest. I agree with the posters who say that this kind of rapid weight loss program encourages yo-you dieting. Many users are thrilled with the rapid weight loss, but they never really learn how to eat real food and maintain and they end up gaining back more than they weighed in the first place. And then the Body by Vi sellers are only too happy to sell you some more product so they can get their BMW.
  • amersmanders
    amersmanders Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I did dig deeper and actually read the list of the 38 ingredients in those shakes. Many of them I could not pronounce, which is a sign of a highly processed "food-like" substance that I really don't want to ingest. I agree with the posters who say that this kind of rapid weight loss program encourages yo-you dieting. Many users are thrilled with the rapid weight loss, but they never really learn how to eat real food and maintain and they end up gaining back more than they weighed in the first place. And then the Body by Vi sellers are only too happy to sell you some more product so they can get their BMW.

I have to agree. The amount and type of ingredients scare me. My roommate is a distributor and has been trying like crazy to get me to "help him out"/"jump start my weight loss", but anything that guarantees quick weight loss doesn't really appeal to me. And anything that's full of chemicals and soy protein also makes me nervous.
  • emily406
    emily406 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a "body by victorias secret" post and I got so excited to tell you how much I love their bras.

but...since its not.....Ill just go back to the corner I came from lol

I thought so too! :laugh:
  • mesee619
    mesee619 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The taste is great, but it cost too much. The diet its self it to hard to stick too.
  • Jazzberry91
    Jazzberry91 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am currently using it and I really like it. I use fresh berries and 2% milk with mine. Its the first time I have used a shake and it keeps me pretty full :) I just make sure my one meal a day is relatively healthy (i use two a day, you can also use one a day)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!