FitBit

Options
Have seen this word thrown around the forums a few times, never knew what it was so I researched it and am interested. Would love some feedback from anyone who has one. Thanks in advance :-)

Replies

• hsandall
    hsandall Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Fitbit...Tells me how many cal I burned and if I need to burn more to meet my daily goal. The website is great to us, you can track sleep and food as well! My husband just bought the Aria scale too which I like cause it shows me percent body fat which I am really focused on!
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I :heart: my fitbit! There is almost no learning curve...just clip it on and go about your day. Plug it into the charger and rack up the points! You can link it in to MFP and a few other sites. My favorite is earndit.com, where you earn some fun rewards for racking up the active minutes. Pretty sweet!
  • svetz
    svetz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Get the Fitbit. It's amazing. I love mine and am never without it. I like that it also tracks how well I sleep, since I don't get much of that! It is an awesome device though. Small and discreet, tracks steps, calories burned, mileage walked, stairs climbed, has a stop watch function, and also has encouraging memos. So worth the money. Also it automatically sync's with MFP, so its super easy to use!
  • Phatdaddymike
    Options
    GET IT!!!!!...just keep up with the lil fella and dont get him wet.......lol
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    Thanks so much!! I want it NOW! LOL :-))
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,186 Member
    Options
    I also love it. I like being able to track my sleep info---# of wake-ups is interesting to me. I wear it all the time now. I'm not saying I take everything it reports as 100% gospel but it's a very good tool for me at least.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    Thanks so much!! I want it NOW! LOL :-))

Once you get one, you are going to wonder how you ever lived without it. :happy:
  • partipixie
    Options
    Okay world just charging my Fitbit now and just started with Curves this week. Can I do any more. I really need to learn to use this little thing to the best of mine/it's advantage!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I heart FitBit so hard!
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i love mine. wear it and forget about it.
  • MisterOtter
    Options
    Yep, have one and love it. Straight out of the box by setting up some simple metrics on their webpage it's been great. I've found it's been a lot more accurate than any phone-based or old school pedometer. Plus you get the added bonus of having it track your stairs climbed, and general conversion of steps --> miles --> calories burned. The charge lasts a long time, and I have it sync'd to my profile here so it automatically updates my calories burned. Super handy.

My only complaint so far is that if you do a lot of driving, you will skew your results. I commute an hour and a half one way, and I have to specifically log the start and stop time as an activity so I can zero out the calories. Had it on while I took the motorcycle last week and it had me having climbed 78 flights of stairs and making over 38,000 steps. It's not perfect, but it's one of the better options out there.

Good luck!
  • xPersocom
    xPersocom Posts: 12
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my Fitbit. GET ONE. NOAW.
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Where did you get your fitbit and how much?
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for over a month now, and it has helped me lose 5 pounds! I basically wear it 24/7 except a few times I have left it on the charger over night.

now that I have my fitbit, I know how active I am, and how much I can eat. I have been eating more, and still losing more weight.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    It's a high priced pedometer. You can save yourself some money by buying a nice pedometer for $30 or so. They will show the steps and calories just like the Fitbit and some even more accurate. The sleep part of the Fitbit is sort of worthless - not accurate really. It's pretty much an over-hyped gadget. I do have one and I'm rather sorry I bought it. Some people say it motivates them. If you walk or run a lot, that could be a selling point. But so can a lower priced pedometer. It doesn't track anything but steps and sometimes floors (ten stairs or more.) It misses sometimes.
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    If any Aussies have one, please let me know where you got it from. I just read on a forum they are unavailable here! :-((
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I had two (my first one broke) before they came out with the fitbit ultra. I have gone a year without it, and now I'm going to get another one, because I really miss it. Maybe it's just a glorified pedometer to some people, but it was very motivating to me and I'm hoping it'll help me lose the weight again. I'll still use my HRM for cardio sessions, since that is more accurate than fitbit for calorie count.

Edited to say: You can buy them on the website fitbit.com, or at Best Buy. They are $100.
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Not an Aussie, but I got mine on Ebay. I can't remember exactly what I paid for it, but it was about $10 less than the going price on other websites and I got free shipping.

I like it a lot. I've had other pedometers in the past, and this one is just so much easier for me. I kind of agree with Goldfinger about it being a 'gadget', but we all need a gadget to play with, don't we? :laugh: The important distinction is that it uploads the data automatically. It is incredibly accurate, if I do 5 miles on the treadmill, my fitbit shows me 5 miles.

However, it is not very accurate on the elliptical... if I do 5 miles there, it will register about 3.5.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Ok...I have the BodyMedia FIT Band....and this FitBit sounds better!!! :-( I may need to change!
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Not an Aussie, but I got mine on Ebay. I can't remember exactly what I paid for it, but it was about $10 less than the going price on other websites and I got free shipping.

I like it a lot. I've had other pedometers in the past, and this one is just so much easier for me. I kind of agree with Goldfinger about it being a 'gadget', but we all need a gadget to play with, don't we? :laugh: The important distinction is that it uploads the data automatically. It is incredibly accurate, if I do 5 miles on the treadmill, my fitbit shows me 5 miles.

However, it is not very accurate on the elliptical... if I do 5 miles there, it will register about 3.5.

I am on my 2nd Virgin Health pedometer, and it is acting weird. We were given the 1st by my employess it failed and I purchased another one. If we get a certain amount of steps we get health care $. I refuse to buy another one. I guess I need to see if I can use my fitbit step in my Virgin Health miles program...I find the Virgin Health pedometer give me closer reading to the machines I use a the "Y" that what in on MFP. I really want a fit bit, just trying to find the bes price.