NSV - I'm an "Inspiration"?!?!

Options
MissAmyB80
MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
That's right. I was told I inspired someone tonight. Not 1 person...but 2 - totally DIFFERENT people.
A little background.

When I began this journey to eat better and get fit last year - I started this program here that was a training program for my town's most well-know street race. It was a big organized training program and it was on the news each week with a small human interest story about some of the people participating. Well....one week - that human interest story was me. I didn't think much about it. The news guy was looking around for a victim who was working on walking to running sort of a thing...I fit the bill...I was near by. I was shocked afterwards how many people saw it and mentioned it. I didn't think people watched the news anymore?? I sure don't. As a matter of fact...I missed the piece and had to watch it online. So yeah - for the rest of training and longer...people asked me about it a lot. I was also losing weight and just becoming a happier person (much more info there in some of my other "Amy's Story" posts).

Anywho. Fast forward a year later. Tonight is the first night for the training program for this year's race. I was actually HORRIFIED to go....almost talked myself into skipping. See....I've slacked off on my running since then...and only on week 3 right now of couch to 5k to try and get back at it for this. And I dread the first night where we run a mile to get our pace so we can group up in "squads" with people of similar pace. The friend I did it with last year is conveniently not going to make it tonight...so I'm alone. But I put on my big girl panties and went. Pleasantly suprised that a lot of the "RUNNERS" from last year remember me and we chat a bit. (Side note - running people are so damn nice!!!!!!) I bump into an acquaintenance at work. You know the type..I know their face...say hi all the time...but had to ask her what her name was again. She told me...and proceeds to tell me her and her co-worker signed up because I "inspired" them after they saw me on the news last year. I was BLOWN AWAY. I had NO CLUE that was a possibility. ME??? Inspire people.

Then...after they blow the whistle to start the mile....I'm chugging along. My daughter's bus driver comes up next to me. "HEY AMY!!! There you are. I wondered if you would be here - you're the reason I signed up."

So yeah. Wow. BLOWN AWAY. Talk about inspired?? Now I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO INSPIRED. I am so moved. I threw my self doubts OUT the window. Tipped my head up and trotted my fat butt off on that mile.

Replies

• shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, and so so good for your confidence! :D
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That is a HUGE boost!!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! !! Feels strange I think to have people see you as an inspiration when you don't think of yourself that way! !

Great job! !
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    You never know who is watching you. I'm glad you inspired me to live a more healthy life. Way to go on not skipping out on the meeting. See look what happened..You got blessed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!