Todays ups and downs with a question or 2

Options
Woke up on time! Up
Took dogs for a 45 minute walk...up
Got ready for work, packed breakfast and lunch, filled water jug and out the door on time...up
Commute and work day uneventful!!! up
Opened my canned soup for lunch and found that something had gone terribly wrong with it. Had nothing to eat so I ordered a pizza(Work in a very small town and was working alone today so couldn't leave)...down down down down
Got home at a decent hour and saw my wonderful family.....UPPPPPP
Ran approx 30 mins outside in sweltering heat and did pretty good! Only walked a couple of times. UPPPP
Ate way more dinner than I should have, but I am not hungry...up or down I can't tell lol

On to the questions...

What kind of emergency stash do you guys keep on hand for food in the rare event that you find someone has spilled something on your lunch in fridge or that your canned soup has turned to brown film?

On my run tonight I encountered a woman running a pretty slow pace(not judging her by any means, wish I had a camera to take a pic of those legs she had) I caught up to her but didn't want to pass her since I knew I was getting to the hill that kicks my butt and I generally have to walk up the last half. What is the proper etiquette in that situation. Pass her and then let her pass me as I walk or did i do right and slow to her pace about 10 feet back from her?