Acne!

Options
Since i began working out i have got more acne then i used to. I am still washing my face two times a day but i don't know why it's getting worse. It bugs me even more because my diet is a whole lot better also.
Anyone who knows of a good solution to limit my acne. Something that i don't have to go out and spend a fortune on??

Replies

• taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    nobody? darn =/
  • FollowthePorcupine
    Options
    Try not to touch your face so often even if it seems hard not to, i tried not touching my face for a few weeks and i started getting less acne, Try it out.
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    only thing that worked to clear up my acne was birth control, probiotics, and tons of water.
  • AmandaDutra
    Options
    This happens to me when I start working out, although after a while your body should get more accustomed to it. I use a bunch of different Neutrogena products. Try one of their deep scrub products, and their clear/pore cleanser mask at night. I also use their three-step process once a day (in the morning) and in just a couple of days my skin look awesome! Hope this helps : ) I think I spent $30 on all of that stuff, but you can ALWAYS find coupons online for them so make sure to look!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue...the only thing I have ever found that works is what I'm currently using...it's a Burt's Bees face wash with Royal Jelly in it.

My sister has also had great success with it too, and she has moderate acne. It's about $10 per pump bottle and has lasted me over a month so far. I use it every day in the shower.
  • alliewowie
    alliewowie Posts: 31
    Options
    Use a clean pillowcase EVERY NIGHT!
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I ordered the kit from acne.org and followed the regimine exactly and it worked awesome. I tried proactive it made my face worse,mso if u can definitely check out the regimine kit at acne.org
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    water, staying away from fried foods, and birth control helped me

I also go tanning a few times a week which helps but thats not the healthiest alternative lol
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I believe it is do to sweating all those oils out, should get better ove time!
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Drink more water and wash/dry your face immediate following your workout.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    less is more... i use products with no fragrance, designed for excema and sensitive skin. it helps a bit, but i have alot of scarring now.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your diet looks like, but once I cut out the processed foods and started eating tons of veggies, my acne cleared within a month. I also use all natural Devita skin products. They can be pretty pricey but if you get them on vitacost.com you can get them for a discount. I've never had super bad acne, but always had 1-10 pimples at any time on my face - now I have 0 since December! Good luck!!
  • miniberger
    miniberger Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Agreed- LOTS of water. Also, try getting a calendula moisturizer. Even if it doesn't make the acne subside completely, it will take the redness and swelling out of the acne and thus make it less noticeable.

Good luck!
  • DumbDoorKnob
    DumbDoorKnob Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Make sure to not work out with makeup on and try to keep your hair in a ponytail with no loose tendrils. Try to make sure to wash your face right after your workout, try not to let the sweat dry on your face.
    As far as products, that is really just something each person has to figure out for themselves usually. It'll take trying a few things to see what works. I've never had a problem using bar soap and a moisturizer afterwards to prevent drying! Got the tip from a friend whose dermatologist told her to do it. I also like the Neutrogena microdermabrasion tool for the face.
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    Over washing can also cause acne because it irritates the skin. I found myself washing my face more often after I started working out and was definitely getting more breakouts. I switched to a milder cleanser and lighter moisturizer, which seems to be helping. I'm hoping my skin will adjust the rest of the way as it gets used to me working out several times per week.

Of course, that might not be it for you at all, but that has been my experience thus far.
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    Make sure to not work out with makeup on and try to keep your hair in a ponytail with no loose tendrils. Try to make sure to wash your face right after your workout, try not to let the sweat dry on your face.
    As far as products, that is really just something each person has to figure out for themselves usually. It'll take trying a few things to see what works. I've never had a problem using bar soap and a moisturizer afterwards to prevent drying! Got the tip from a friend whose dermatologist told her to do it. I also like the Neutrogena microdermabrasion tool for the face.

And keeping the hair off the face was really big for me, too.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    Thank you all!!!
  • RayMay4
    RayMay4 Posts: 7
    Options
    Change you pillowcase(:
  • RachelBear00
    Options
    A change in your exercise and diet can definitely have an impact on your skin. Your body's hormones are just trying to balance themselves out and your oil and sweat glands can be over producing. Since you are sweating more your pores are more prone to getting clogged with dirt, bacteria and debris. Make sure you wash your face clean of your make up before working out (especially if you are wearing liquid foundation or anything comedogenic (tendency to clog pores) ). Also make sure you are drinking enough water. A helpful hint for that is to take your weight, divide it by 2 and that's how many ounces you should be drinking daily. Make sure you change your pillowcase weekly and get a toner to equal out your pH in your skin. Witch Hazel will work and is super cheap :)
    Hope this helps! I am a Licensed Esthetician so if you have any other questions or want more in-depth answers or a skin regime you can email me Rachel.Hoadley@yahoo.com
  • heyitsmegxx
    heyitsmegxx Posts: 444
    Options
    If it gets really bad try accutane. It's really not that expensive. It helps 100%. That's the only thing that worked for my acne.