naval piercing, opinions pleeeaaase!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• dmw1493
    dmw1493 Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks to everyone else for putting their opinions in. I'm going to do it- I feel as though I deserve a reward. ;))
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I had my belly button pierced, but then my body started to reject it and eventually it just closed up. So make sure you go to a good piercing studio (I had my friend pierce mine) and take good care of it. The great thing about piercings is that even if they close up, you can get them redone later!

This happened to me, too! I had it done at a studio, so don't know if it was just a bad piercing or what, but my body actually pushed the ring out. I had never heard of anything like that happening. I'm not left with a horrible scar, but there is one if you really look. Also, the piercing itself took a long time to heal and it was kind of gross in the process. Also, you have to be careful of clothing (waistbands) catching it or rubbing on it. I was in the military at the time, so my BDUs were the worst since they are pretty high waisted.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    OK

Are you 16? If yes get it done. If no....lol
  • Paiigelee
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and i weighed almost 160lbs when i got my belly button pierced. I've lost 15 lbs since and don't look any different but i love my belly button. As long as you believe you look good you will.
  • HakunaMatata519
    HakunaMatata519 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I got my belly button pierced 8 years ago at 135 lbs.... I was 214 after having my son, and I still have a ring in now at 156 lbs... nothing has shifted.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Had mine done years ago but had to take it out when I got pregnant..nowadays they give you a plastic ring to put in.

Was thinking of getting mine done again actually :smile:
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I would wait. I had my naval pierced a few years ago..when I was in my teens. I gained a few pounds and it went nuts, grew out (well actually skin fell off, was gross) and now I have a scar there.

I wish I was the weight I wanted to be before hand as when you get to the maintaining stage its less likely to be rejected from your body. I can't ever have it done again now because of the scar :frown:

Treat yourself once you get to your goal weight. :drinker:
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I don't have a naval piercing but I think since you are still losing weight that you should wait. Also, just some fruit for thought, will you regret looking at that naval piercing when your 70 years old and left with an ugly scar???

Oh come on! Because people who are 70 generally have briliant skin, tight flawless skin! 70 years old bodies generally are not really atractive weather you had a piercing/tattoo/whatever. I hear this argument a lot but it makes no sense to me. Dow hat you wnat. I think at 70 people regret thing like this only if they didn't do it.

Btw, I would do it if you feel like. I am not much for naval piercings but if that's your thing, go for it!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get your navel pierced, not your naval, otherwise it will be done by sailors :wink:

I had mine pierced when I'd lost a lot of weight 15 years ago. I wasn't at my lightest and things barely changed as I changed weight up and down, except mine didn't really heal because the waistband of my clothes kept rubbing it :embarassed: