random question

Options
Do any of you guys get to a certain weight and never get below it and assume "I guess my body doesn't want to lose any more weight" and you think it is impossible? Every time that happens to me, around 3 months (once 2 years!) pass before anything else comes off. Any idea why?

Replies

• proctor0828
    Options
    You plateau, you have to change up your routine at that point. Do different exercises and try different foods. Maybe try getting a new exercise video.
  • abartle
    abartle Posts: 11
    Options
    I have no idea why, but I can tell you that after my initial loss of 75lbs around 7 years ago, I have maintained this weight which is great! :bigsmile: ... but I have NEVER been able to get any lower to reach my goal.

It is frustrating. :explode:

161592.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    WOW! 75 pounds is AMAZING!!!! Congrats!!!! I've lost about 20 or so, but I just started losing again this morning. I just get soooooo frustrated!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm at that point right now. Lost 30 pounds, 9 more to go to reach my goal and I'm just stuck! :grumble:
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    HAHA! I was stuck at 149 for 3 months and just got to 148.8 this morning, so I totally understand!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm at that point right now. Lost 30 pounds, 9 more to go to reach my goal and I'm just stuck! :grumble:

I've got 9 more pounds to reach my goal too, and honestly I've not lost any weight in like 5 weeks!!!!! Sooo frustrating!

Maybe we should start a group/team. Last 10-20 pounds?
    I think it's helpful to talk to people who are in the same boat... what works, what doesn't, etc.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to get past this 32lbs lost mark!!
    I am getting so frustrated but I REFUSE to give up. Something's gotta give EVENTUALLY!!

Keep keeping on!!

Memaw
  • Chickiebabe151
    Options
    I just read this article, (I wish I could find it for you) that says that you need to go off your diet every now and then while your body establishes a new set weight. After you do that for a month or so, go back on your diet and you should start losing again. It's the same reason your body stops building muscle after excersising for a certain period of time. Body builders call it muscle confusion when they mix up thier routines every 2 -3 months, the same with dieting I guess. I know I found the article on oprah.com and when I just went to find it I saw several others about platues. You may want to check them out.