Simon Cowell 1st Ever Standing Ovation to Danyl Johnson's au

Options
You've got to see this. His audition videos just went viral. I've watched this 10x now and each time, chills and tears. Incredible. The audience were lucky to be there that night.

Simon Cowell's standing ovation says it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FA5DkFUSxk

Copy and paste above link to your browser.

Replies

• Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: I can't get on youtube at work!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • strongandfit
    Options
    No youtube at work?! Oh no. Wait till you get home and watch Danyl Johnson's audition. You'll be blown away!! It blew away Simon. I'm still stunned and I've watched it over 10 times now. Unbelievable!! :noway: Makes one feel so good for him and the audience he touched with his performance. :bigsmile:
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    What show is the audition for?
  • strongandfit
    Options
    The show is for U.K's X Factor for 2009.

(X Factor is the successor to U.K's Pop Idol - which inspired U.S's American Idol)

(Leona Lewis won X Factor in 2006. )

Danyl Johnson auditioned for the show on Saturday and Simon Cowell gave him a standing ovation. It's the first time Simon gave a standing ovation for an audition.

Danyl sings Beatles'/Joe Cocker's "With a Little Help From My Friends"

They say his video will be bigger than Susan Boyle's.
  • jmdolan
    jmdolan Posts: 128
    Options
    bump
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    There must be a lot of people streaming it right now because I keep getting locked out!
    I will try again in a bit. Seems to be a good one. Is it better than Susan Boyle?
  • LydiaJay
    LydiaJay Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    WOAH! A star is born methinks....now where's MJ's crown I think we found a replacement!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    That was awesome! Thanks for posting! :drinker:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    absolutely heart-warming, thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • strongandfit
    Options
    You're welcome everyone. Glad you're all loving it. Isn't he amazing!!??? And his students are just goin to be so thrilled for him!! I just watched it again! I'm losing count how many times I've watched it!!!

p.s. memaw66. Yes, Susan Boyle was great. But, Danyl Johnson leaves one speechless. Let's put it this way, Simon Cowell gives Danyl a standing o!!!

Just thinking about his performance gives me goosebumps!!