P90X

Options
2»

Replies

• classic_1
    classic_1 Posts: 147
    Options
    I completed 90 days in October of last year and I'm on day 45 this time around. I didn't follow the nutrition guide the first time, but cut calories and lost 16lbs. Starting the second round, I'm using MFP (watching calories, fat, sugar, protein, etc.) and have lost 31lbs and counting. I've also started the C25K (trying to embrace a new skill). Stick with it and good luck!!

Hey, I just started the C25K thing...well, I downloaded the app and I'm going to start on Monday when I start round 2 of P90X. It's exciting for me and I'm gonna continue to push myself.
  • brimarie95
    brimarie95 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sore from Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps yesterday. Always seem to have one muscle group or another sore at all times. I LOVE IT!!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I started in April and I today was day 61. I have lost 21.2lbs, 11 1/2 inches, 3 pant sizes, and 2% body fat. I love this program. Step away from the scale and take your measurements and photos. Also look at this post from a fellow P90xer http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/580019-the-scale-is-a-lying-torture-device-i-m-proof
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Soo im doing p90x and its very intense, is anybody else doing it? if so how do u feel about it? Lets support each other to BRING IT !

P90X is NOT a weight loss program. It's a FITNESS program. A pleasant side effect is loss of weight because you build muscle and muscle burns fat. For most women you WILL lose weight by the time the program is over but you will drop mulitple sizes. Stick to the program as close as possible and you'll be happy you did.
  • queen2fli
    queen2fli Posts: 8
    Options
    thanks for everyones support, wow i didnt kno so many ppl were doing p90x. i wanted to try insanity but i felt it was a little to intense for me being this is my 1st time on a weight lost journey but i wanna try it also maybe after i lose my 1st 30 pounds ill switch it up. THANKS EVERYONE !
  • sarahmgreen10
    Options
    Im doing p90x! I think it works really good. I do p90x some days and also add in HIIT cardio and then other days i just go to the gym. I have noticed I have more muscle in my back, arms, stomach, and quads. My advice is to stick with it and eat good and you will see results. :)
  • brimarie95
    brimarie95 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    How do people log their P90X workouts into the system to calculate the calories burned? I started to and it just seemed too complicated and was taking forever. And the weight training doesn't burn calories? Still trying to figure MFP. Only my third day.
  • classic_1
    classic_1 Posts: 147
    Options
    How do people log their P90X workouts into the system to calculate the calories burned? I started to and it just seemed too complicated and was taking forever. And the weight training doesn't burn calories? Still trying to figure MFP. Only my third day.

There's a website called P90Xcalories.com that gives u the estimate of how many calories you burned...so, from there u create your own exercise and and log the calories that way...I found out about the site a lil while ago bc I wanted to now how many calories each workout burned
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I have P90X, I think I want to start it in 1-2 months but I am pretty sure I'd fail the initial fitness test.
  • ninehours
    ninehours Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    does it really help you lose weight?
    When i 1st started doing P90X i was over 90kg and a very tight fitting 36" waist i am now around 69kg and a comfortable 32" waist, to anyone out there thinking about P90X STOP thinking and just do it!!
  • dolanc80
    dolanc80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am doing the P90X lean program...Just finished week 2....I have done Insanity work outs and Jillian Michael's workouts too...I have done Power90 ones too in the past...Decided to try to stick to the program of P90X for as long as I can...I just wish the workouts weren't as long...Not a big fan of Yoga, esp. it being 90min. But I am trying to stick with it. I do not have a pull up bar so yesterday during the legs and back workout I couldn't do a bunch...Any suggestions?
  • JennyJenn20
    Options
    I am about to start week 1 of P90X. I am very excited and cannot wait to start seeing changes in my body. Any tips or suggestions on how to get past this first week? I am expecting to be very sore. Should I still work out even if I am sore to the point where I can barely move? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks everyone!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I did, it was brutal. In hindsight, I would have taken a week or two and just did half the workouts at a lower intensity and then started the program.
  • ninehours
    ninehours Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If there was one bit of advise i would tell people it is to take it easy and not to push yourself to hard in the first 2 weeks, the last thing you need to do is injure yourself just concentrate on form and technique, it is better to do 1 or 2 push-ups or pull-ups with good form than 5 or 6 with bad form, Oh and ignore the lean routine and just do the classic.