Life threw me a curve ball and I fell off the wagon...

Options
but now I am back. Short version. In April we found out my hubby was going to lose his job. In July we found out he will still have a job but it will be in Indiana...we are in Alabama currently. So needless to say my life has been quite stressful since April. I didn't think I was a stress eater...but boy was I wrong. I have basically had this "whatever" attitude about everything I put into my mouth and now my clothes don't fit anymore...I could just kick myself for letting myself lose control like that. So the layers of stress are starting to peel away. We have found a house in Indy which we will close on at the beginning of October and our house here will close at the end of October. By the time we get up there it will all ready be fall...and it will still be hot here in Bama so my short term goal is to fit into some of my jeans by the time we get there!! I would rather spend my money on new stuff for my house than fat jeans for me! So regardless of what stress pops up in my face over the next month I am staying strong. So I am back, at a weight I swore I would never be again, but I am back.

Replies

• laneymcghee
    laneymcghee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    AT LEAST YOU ARE BEING POSITIVE NOW!!! THATS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN BE! AND YOU ARE GETTING AWAY FROM THIS SOUTHERN HEAT!! NEW BEGINNINGS ARE ALWAYS FUN!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Glad to see your back! I'm sure you can do it again! Good luck with the move!
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    moving is VERY stressful. If you can use excersise and concentrating on your diet as your "anchor" to sanity it will help.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    :happy: Yeah for getting back at it! Best of luck:flowerforyou:
  • SuhailVal
    SuhailVal Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You must have been reading my blog, which I just posted and we were writing the same exact thing!
    I'm getting back on board myself and was just saying how upset I was at myself for letting go like that and going back to where I said I wouldn't go again--I have gained back 9 pounds!! My pretty clothes that I had purchased a size smaller than I've been for a while are not fitting nicely anymore, and are tight.
    Well, I'm NOT going to go back to my old size so I'm cracking down and trying to go back to exercise and eating better. Good luck to you! We can do it!
    Feel free to keep in touch with me, it may help to be accountable to each other since we're in the same boat.
  • jaxterbom
    Options
    I did the same thing in 2008 after a stressful bout with sinusitis. I had lost 35 lbs. :happy: Then gained 37 lbs back. :grumble: Now I'm within about 10 lbs of my previous low. :happy: You can do this!!!! Good luck with the move!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Well, welcome back. :smile: Life is full of curve balls, eh?
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    yaay indiana! It will definetly be an adjustment, but hopefully you can find a lot of stuff to do here that you love. If you need any suggestions on anything let me know I have lived all over the central indiana area all my life. Good luck on the move! :wink: