Had a bit of a fail

Options
OK, I just had my 3rd weigh in and now my total loss is 4. lb. A good loss, so I decided to celebrate a little, Actually, the cookies at work were calling me today. I did to the best of my knowledge account for them. Didn't have time for a healthy supper so ended up at MC D's. Now I have at least 40 more minutes on the tread to undo the damage. Here I go for the next 20 minute set.

Replies

• new60now
    new60now Posts: 1
    Options
    I know what u mean, the other day, i had to work out another 20 minutes. Its not the fall , it's the getting back up that counts. :smile:
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Same here...I had food the county fair the other day (I can't go to it without indulging since it's only once a year)....but as long as it's not every day that we fail it's okay. I can not diet and restrict myself from foods I crave, but I just try not to indulge a lot. It's all about balance.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    it's okay. everyone slips up. i wouldn't even sweat it.

but just remember how you feel right now.. so the next time you want to cheat, maybe you won't?
  • lindasueloma
    Options
    Just don't give up. Get back on and next time just have one cookie, maybe even two. The important thing is to continue on your journey and try to eat healthy as much as possilbe. Good luck!!
  • groovyfirechick
    Options
    I had a total fail today....I'm accepting what happened and am going to do better tomorrow. HUGS!!!
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day :)
  • mystinamarie
    mystinamarie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Not really a fail, more of a small hiccup. Plus, you're already doing the hard work to undo your damage. I say good job for recognizing it and tomorrow is another day. You live, you learn. It'll get easier in time. I've been logging every day for 2 months and I still have days where meal planning, grocery shopping, and life get too hectic and I have to hit a drive thru window. Life happens- just make the best of it.
  • stacy_7171
    stacy_7171 Posts: 21
    Options
    I know what u mean, the other day, i had to work out another 20 minutes. Its not the fall , it's the getting back up that counts. :smile:

Exactly. Like the Japanese proverb advises, "Fall seven times, stand up eight."
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    as long as you are working it off you can consider it a victory! it's impossible to eat perfectly all the time, so celebrate the change that you've made where you work off a day like today instead of giving up and giving in :) great job!
  • Creativeballance
    Options
    I give my self a "Free day" every so often..OK, once every 2 weeks.

It's a good thing. I can't say that I've suffered, except for the mild nausea a few hours later.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Your reward is the weightloss!! How good you feel, and look!! Food can never be a reward if you want to be successful!!
    Next time get your hair done, nails a new piece od clothing...never something to eat!! That is were the problem starts!!

Good luck
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    At least you are working it off!
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You had a stumble. A failure is if you don't try and I think you are hence it is NOT a fail