HELP URGENTLY NEEDED in the form of a cheesecake recipe

Options
Flass
Flass Posts: 60 Member
my fitness pals,

i am having the most insane craving for cookies and cream cheesecake. if i don't eat it tonight i'm not sure what might happen.

anyone got recipes for one that's quick and easy and low cal?

i would appreciate your assistance

THANK YOU BEAUTIFUL CHEESECAKE PEOPLE! x

Replies

• vichick20
    vichick20 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This is my cheesecake recipe from my blog Delaine's Skinny Delights. You could replace the pretzel crust with those 100 calorie packs of oreo crisps and top it off with the same instead of strawberries:

http://delainesskinnydelights.blogspot.ca/

IMG_1683-1.jpg

Skinny Pretzel-Crust Strawberry Cheesecake
    (8 BIG servings)

Ingredients:

Crust:
    1 cup pretzels (crushed very fine; about 60 sticks)
    2 tablespoons sweetener of choice (I used 3g stevia)
    3 tablespoons reduced calorie buttery spread (like Becel), melted
    1 tablespoon water
    Filling:
    8 ounces fat free cream cheese, room temperature
    1 cup sweetener of choice (I used 24g Stevia)
    1 cup fat free whipped topping, thawed
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 a package (2 servings) sugar-free strawberry flavored jello
    1 cup boiling water
    1 cup strawberries, sliced thin

Method:
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
    Add all the crust ingredients together and mix well until combined (I used a food processor). Press into the bottom of an 8-inch pie dish. Bake for 8 min; cool completely.
    Whisk together boiling water and gelatin, set aside to cool.
    Beat together cream cheese, sweetener, whipped topping, and vanilla until very smooth. Pour into cooled crust and place in the refrigerator.
    Once the filling has firmed up a little (about 20 min), place cut strawberries in a circle pattern around the top. Pour jello over the top. Cool in the refrigerator until firm (about 1 1/2-2 hours at least).

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
    (For 1/8th of the pie... a BIG piece)
    92 Calories
    17g Carbohydrates
    3g Sugar
    1g Fiber
    1g Fat
    5g Protein

http://delainesskinnydelights.blogspot.ca/2012/05/skinny-pretzel-crust-strawberry.html
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Step one: You need to join the cheesecake group :)

There are a few bake and no-bake recipes on there, as base recipes you can modify. Cookies & Cream could be a tough one to replicate in a lite version but if you make a creamcheese based cake and throw some crumbled up oreo's in there that could work.

There may be a way to make a mix using ffsf pudding (if there is a white chocolate version of that. hmmmm I think I gave myself a great idea to try out :bigsmile:

Let us know how you go!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    1. Go out and buy a snack sized version of something that satisfies your craving.
    2. Eat half of it.
    3. Throw the other half in the bin before you even get home.

I don't think there is any point in trying to make a fake/inferior version of what you are craving.
    My strategy is to have a bit of the real thing, enjoy all its gooey, creamy deliciousness and then move on.

(Sorry if this is disrespectful to the delicious looking recipe above - but fat-free, sugar-free everything? I don't think so!)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I somewhat agree with you Rubybelle, but I like to make homemade desserts and know that I can have a big slab without the guilt. This especially goes for my homemade high protein cheesecake - they taste good and they fit with my macros really well.

Having a quick think on the recipe, I'd suggest the following - modified from what I found in a quick google search:
    1 packet (8 oz) of low fat or fat free cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
    2 cups skim milk
    1 small package instant white chocolate pudding

Mix the milk in with the cream cheese, then stir in the pudding mix. Pour onto your base of choice (or none at all). Add some crushed oreos into the mixture if you like too, or just sprinkle on top. Refrigerate for a couple of hours, then enjoy.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Why dont you crumble a couple of cookies into some cream cheese with a bit of vanilla and a tablespoon of icing sugar. Like a cheesecake eton mess,x
  • Weeblewobble123
    Options
    I am not sure just how easy this recipe is... but I can speak from experience it is soooo good that your friends and family could eat it and wonder just what you were doing cheating on you diet, lol. The following is a link to a Cooking Light recipe that I have made... I would think you could alter the crust as someone had suggested by making a crushed 100pk oreo crust... or use sugar free chocolate wafer cookies.... but make sure you look at the calories and compare because there are huge differences between styles and brands... Then add a few c rushed cookies in the mix before baking.

Here is the link:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/new-york-cheesecake-10000000263454/
  • pinkri
    pinkri Posts: 11
    Options
    bump
  • milli51
    milli51 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bellaburch85
    Options
    Wow looks yum! Bump for a summer evenign with Friends!!
  • smor27
    smor27 Posts: 87
    Options
    Bump
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I've done this one and it is awesome and light:

Low-Fat Cheesecake
    Recipe courtesy Food Network Magazine

Prep Time:1 hr 0 minInactive Prep Time: -- Cook Time:1 hr 10 min
    Level:
    Easy
    Serves:
    14 servings

Ingredients
    9 whole low-fat cinnamon graham crackers, broken in half
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
    Cooking spray
    2 8-ounce packages Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
    2 8-ounce packages fat-free cream cheese, softened
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
    2 large eggs plus 3 egg whites
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest

Assorted toppings

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor until crumbled. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water and the butter; pulse until moistened. Wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan with foil to prevent leaks. Coat the inside of the pan with cooking spray and press the crumbs onto the bottom. Bake until browned, about 8 minutes. Let cool, about 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, beat both cream cheeses and the sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until smooth, 5 minutes, then beat in the sour cream on low. Lightly whisk the 3 egg whites in a bowl, then add to the cheese mixture along with the 2 whole eggs, flour, vanilla and lemon zest. Beat on medium speed until fluffy, 3 minutes. Pour over the crust.

Place the cheesecake in a roasting pan and add enough warm water to come one-quarter of the way up the sides of the springform. Bake until the cake is set but the center still jiggles, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Turn off the oven; keep the cheesecake inside with the door closed for 20 minutes.

Remove the cake from the water bath and transfer to a rack. Run a knife around the edge, then cool completely. Chill until firm, at least 8 hours. Top as desired.

Per serving: Calories 229; Fat 11 g (Saturated 7 g); Cholesterol 61 mg; Sodium 319 mg; Carbohydrate 24 g; Fiber 0 g; Protein 11 g
  • BrendaHyde
    BrendaHyde Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • ekrier2
    ekrier2 Posts: 50
    Options
    BUMP!!!!
  • Flass
    Options
    Step one: You need to join the cheesecake group :)

there's a cheesecake group?! oh my.
  • Flass
    Options
    Why dont you crumble a couple of cookies into some cream cheese with a bit of vanilla and a tablespoon of icing sugar. Like a cheesecake eton mess,x

hehe this is pretty much what i did and it was pretty good, my craving was about 80% satisfied.

thanks everyone for the yummy ideas! can't wait to try them x