220's trying to get to 150

Options
2»

Replies

• Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Take baby steps. it's all about Math and Motivation. 3,500 calories = 1 pound. Set that as your goal for 1 week. MFP helps (it's not always 100 % accurate) in calculating your daily calorie needs. If MFP suggests you eat 3,000 calories a day, then break that down to 6 - 500 calories meals per day. If you subtract a total of 500 calories per day from your daily need, by the end of the week you will omit 3,500 calories or 1 pound. Your body prefers to lose those calories to exercise, but you have to do it in the way that works best for you. If you need any help or motivation feel free to add me!

E
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My highest was 217....started MFP in January at 205, down to 179 as of my last weigh in!! I've also got a goal of 150, and will reevaluate once I get there...I'm 5' 2" so really that's still too high for me, but I'll take it for now!!

I exercise at least 5 days a week, usually 6 or 7 days a week, but typically only for about half an hour.

Keep with it and it will work!
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    Take baby steps. it's all about Math and Motivation. 3,500 calories = 1 pound. Set that as your goal for 1 week. MFP helps (it's not always 100 % accurate) in calculating your daily calorie needs. If MFP suggests you eat 3,000 calories a day, then break that down to 6 - 500 calories meals per day. If you subtract a total of 500 calories per day from your daily need, by the end of the week you will omit 3,500 calories or 1 pound. Your body prefers to lose those calories to exercise, but you have to do it in the way that works best for you. If you need any help or motivation feel free to add me!

E

Like this! :smile:
  • Lola5354
    Lola5354 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started May 13 at 228. The heaviest I've ever been. I'm about 5' 8.5". I'm down to 206. I record everything I eat and try as hard as possible not to go over. I record my weight every Sunday and let myself use that day also as a high calorie day where I allow myself to give into a couple of cravings. As the weeks go by I find that I have less and less cravings and end up not even needing my "cheat" day. I try to drink a lot of water and chew gum if I get bored because that's when I used to mindlessly eat. I work out about twice a day 6 times a week doing several things ranging from p90x videos, walking, running and biking. I really enjoy variety in work outs. Another thing that helps me is eating very similar menus daily (or at least trying to) so I know exactly how many calories I'm taking in and it's easy to control. I also avoid drinking my calories. I've been seeing extremely steady and constant weight loss week to week so something must be working. :) Of course, the wonderful support from my buddies is also a motivator. I'm hoping to get down to 160 or so. Good luck!