Carbs UGHHH!

kristineo9
kristineo9 Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I am new to this so please forgive me if I can't figure this out. I have a question........
It says I ate to many carbs today. I logged my dinner as well, but even without it I am over. What do I do, what will happen when this occurs?????

HELP!!!! thanks so much
Kristine

Replies

• charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    You're just getting started, give yourself some slack while you learn how to balance different elements of your diet, it took me a good week or two to figure out how to balance carbs since I am a carb fiend. Is there something you can change with dinner? Maybe have string cheese instead of a potato, center the meal around meat, salad? Meat has no carbs and stringsters string cheese has 1 carb :D It was a very difficult thing for me to do (manage carbs) but I found that balancing things in meals and snacking on something like low fat string cheese really helps keep them under control!
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    what are you eatin??? and how carbs is it allowing you??
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Here is what I do - I plan my next day's meals ahead of time. If I want, say, cereal for breakfast, a turkey sandwich for lunch, and spaghetti for dinner...I'm going to be wayyyyy over on my carbs. Every meal there is just loaded with carbs. So, I play with the foods on MFP to get as close as possible...before I eat. I may have to skip the sandwich and spaghetti on the days I have cereal, or I can plan to have spaghetti on a day when I eat eggs for breakfast and workout as well.

Try it! :flowerforyou:
  • LeeiaL
    LeeiaL Posts: 40
    I am new to this so please forgive me if I can't figure this out. I have a question........
    It says I ate to many carbs today. I logged my dinner as well, but even without it I am over. What do I do, what will happen when this occurs?????

HELP!!!! thanks so much
    Kristine

Kristine....Ok, you went 'over' on your carbs today. No big deal...just get back on track tomorrow. DO NOT stress out over this one day, cut yourself some slack.

Also...something to keep in mind - the quality of the carbs count, not just 'carbs' per se. Carbs are in just about everything, including fruits and vegetables, which have lots of fiber in them, so don't count them against your 'carb' total.

If you want more control over what you eat, try planning your meals in advance. That takes a lot of the pressure off. If you want more detailed advice, you can make your food diary public and I can take a look at it.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Here is what I do - I plan my next day's meals ahead of time. If I want, say, cereal for breakfast, a turkey sandwich for lunch, and spaghetti for dinner...I'm going to be wayyyyy over on my carbs. Every meal there is just loaded with carbs. So, I play with the foods on MFP to get as close as possible...before I eat. I may have to skip the sandwich and spaghetti on the days I have cereal, or I can plan to have spaghetti on a day when I eat eggs for breakfast and workout as well.

Try it! :flowerforyou:

EXACTLY! You should try to log foods BEFORE, and then play around with them until you've got a fairly good balance each day. I also learned real quick when I first came here that if I exercised, my numbers would go up! :laugh: More food is ALWAYS a good thing! :laugh: :smile:
  • Thank you everyone. I am over by 20 but I am just wondering if that is affecting my weight loss. I have been on her for 6 days tomorrow so I do have a lot of learning to do but I am afraid if I go over on anything how it turn out on the scale. Thanks again and I am glad there is so much support out there. GOOD LUCK!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Chances are it's not going to affect your weight loss. I'm not very strict about counting carbs, and as long as I stay within my calorie limit, I lose.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Thank you everyone. I am over by 20 but I am just wondering if that is affecting my weight loss. I have been on her for 6 days tomorrow so I do have a lot of learning to do but I am afraid if I go over on anything how it turn out on the scale. Thanks again and I am glad there is so much support out there. GOOD LUCK!

Once in awhile it's ok to go alittle over in something. But, if you're worried about it, just get in alittle extra exercise, like a quick walk, jogging in place, dancing, ANYTHING that will burn those numbers that you're over by. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.