Eat To Live - open diaries?

Options
Looking for fellow MFPers who ascribe to the Eat To Live lifestyle as outlined by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. Just want to see how you're doing and what you're eating. Mainly how you're getting to your calorie goals, how you have your macros set up, etc.

Very much considering learning a lot more about it because I've been stuck on a plateau for months and I'm only halfway to goal really. It's much too soon to be so stuck, so I am looking for a change. Even tho I eat a huge salad daily, only whole grains and high quality meats in moderation. Even tho I get a lot of my proteins and fats from healthy sources (beans, shrimp, seeds, avocado) I am just STUCK and I think maybe I need to switch to the ETL lifestyle.

I don't think I'm that far off the mark as it is - but something's got to change to get the scale moving again... I'm still much too heavy.

Replies

• skoshness
    skoshness Posts: 175
    Options
    I'd be interested to see some ETL diaries too, I'm in the process of reading the book :smile:
  • Maggit59
    Maggit59 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there
    Just wanted to join in the newbie group if I may. Just received the book today and haven't been able to even look at it. BUT that said, I started the plan 8 days ago (after seeing part of the OZ segment and looking at online videos).
    And although we went out to dinner tonight and I did have a beer and chicken and a salad, I am going to be right back on it tomorrow.
    As of this morning I had lost 10 pds whereas I haven't been able to lose on a regular 1200 cal diet plus working out every day.
    Lots of issues with perimenopause etc. Dediced the only thing I haven't really tried was Veggies Based plans.

I have stayed away from recipes and haven't even done the shakes. Just did fruits and nuts in the morning.
    Lunch a huge salad with some Ranch lite dressing,beans, berries and seeds. Snacks were a piece of fruit, or nuts and raisins.
    Supper another salad or cooked veggie on the side, some days with mushrooms and onions.. A couple of times I would have maybe 2 oz of salmon. And even had Activia when I felt bound up in the first few days. Ordered some Digestive Enzymes to help with the bloating, and that is getting better. I can tell how salt and sweet were triggers for me esp. breads, cheese and peanut butter, My only salt now has been coming from sunflower seeds and I have to disguise them in the salad or I will want more. The fruit really has become my sweet, as I am now able to digest it. Before I could not go out of the house I would be so bloated. Has to be the mix of the foods until now.
    I have no recipes for you as I am trying to keep it as simple as possible until I see more of a loss.
    But my energy had been way up, no naps no big cravings until today. I felt tired and was hungry for some well CHICKEN. So I will see what that does by tomorrow and if I am willing to ever do it again. Would love to keep in touch...this is the only current discussion I have found for this plan.
  • HappilyCyn
    HappilyCyn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You seem to undereat carbs and are not drinking water. Try increasing those two into your diet.