I'm an idiot....

Options
I recently went to the doctors as I had a throat infection, and I got chatting to her all about my recent weight loss (17 and a half pounds in total!), so she said to me step onto the scales and she will give me some advice and advise me how much more I need to loose, so on I got, and had a major shock!

There I stood looking at my weight and I weighed a whole stone, yes a STONE, less then I did 2 days before! I couldn't believe it! I turned to her and said your scales must be broken, but she reassured me that she only had them re sprung two weeks ago. There was only one answer, my scales were broken!!!!!

When I was feeling better I went out and brought some new scales, and suprise suprise, I was the weight that the doc told me I was. I can't believe what an numpty I was. I have been working to the totally wrong criteria. And I hadn't lost any weight for nearly 4 weeks, no wonder....!

I have now recalculated MFP and I'm on the road to sucess again with scales that work. I suppose its my fault for trusting old scales. I'm an idiot...

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    What a nice surprise though! Congrats! :drinker:
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    ok I'm an idiot...what's a stone?
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    14 pounds = 1 Stone :smile:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Wow ... if you're going to be an idiot ... that's the way to go!! What a nice surprise. :laugh: Congrats.
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    14 pounds = 1 Stone :smile:

Oh! Did not know this. Thank you!

Learn something new every day :wink: