waving hey!....from East Tennessee

Options
I'm Sara from Tennessee. I have 3 kids all boys. 14,13,and next month the baby will be 11. We have a cat, Doberman, chocolate Labrador, Chihuahua, and 2 horses. Yes I stay busy!! I've been with my husband this September for 17 years and married almost 16.
I am a klutz. I'm not kidding. I have something called non communicating syringomyelia. So I lose feeling in my arms, legs, hands, feet etc...and I fall...A LOT!
So this year Jan 1st I cut out sugar flour white everything. Whole grains for me! Then in April one of my horses decided to spaz and I tore my ACL. Three days later I fillet my hand open so can't use crutches therefore no surgery. Anyhooo I eventually had it done and have gone non stop since.
Low calorie, low Carb at LEAST 80 oz water daily. I think I'm gonna drown in my blender bottle!
I walk I do as much cardio as my still recovering knee will withstand. I am on 1200 calories a day....no junk food no pop or juice or anything I measure every bite I take.

I have lost NOT A SINGLE POUND.

Went to doctor (thyroid ok.everything ok) she tells me
Just drink lots of water. You have to measure your food and exercise. Join weight watchers.

What I said to her can't be repeated here.

And so far that's me up to date!

Replies

• Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm your neighbor to the north, Kentucky. Sounds like you are having a heck of a time! Losing weight is super tough when your activity is so restricted. I don't have any pearls of wisdom, but I sure wish you luck!
  • brencamille
    brencamille Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Where exactly in east Tennessee? I live in Maryland but originally from Gate City, Virginia which is very close to Bristol TN/VA.
  • sassbox66
    sassbox66 Posts: 2
    Options
    hi Sara Im from pa here .2 Girls and 3 grandbabies nd 1 more on the way .I have 40 lbs to loose .and artheritis in my back and knees.Needless to say im only 45.It is difficult to get in much xercise.I have a shake weight.that may be a suggestion to try .I am trying to get back on my treadmill.I just need to make myself do it .Need all the help i can get My twin is on here she would like the help and encouragement also .:smile:
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm in Chattanooga, anywhere close and I can help and give motivation
  • tedinger4given
    tedinger4given Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Sara, I lived in East Tennessee, I have a daughter that still Lives in Powell. We visit as often as we can. I too have over a hundred pounds to lose. My desire is to get moved back to Tennessee. I grew up in Pa, my family is still there, Sassbox66 is my twin sister, and she has done such a good job losing weight, I am going to become a grandma in August of 13. I want to get healthy so that I can be here for my grandbaby and my family. I would like to add you as a friend so that we can keep each other motivated.