Help! My thighs are eating my shorts!

Options
13»

Replies

• michaelsgirl1210
    michaelsgirl1210 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    One word: Neoprene! They're like fabric coated rubber shorts designed to sweat the fat right out of you. They keep skin from rubbing and muscles from aching, and they help get rid of cellulite! I've tried running without them, and I can't stand it. I found mine in the workout gear at Wal-Mart and they have them at Academy Sports. I wear mine under a pair of regular cotton shorts.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    One word: Neoprene! They're like fabric coated rubber shorts designed to sweat the fat right out of you. They keep skin from rubbing and muscles from aching, and they help get rid of cellulite! I've tried running without them, and I can't stand it. I found mine in the workout gear at Wal-Mart and they have them at Academy Sports. I wear mine under a pair of regular cotton shorts.

That's a yeast infection just begging to happen...and/or heat stroke. Not allowing sweat to evaporate is disabling one's bodily cooling mechanism and inviting wicked chafing and rash, as well. I'd try neoprene shorts at your own risk.
  • karmah2771
    karmah2771 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Target has Champion's C9 work out wear. They have running skirts, compression shorts, capris and leggings. (Fitted & loose.) They have what they call duo dry and that helps with wicking away moisture. Extra bonus, it's clearance time so they are getting rid of the older styles/colors right now at reduced prices. They had tanks, shorts, capris, short & long sleeved shirts all on clearance. I've been wearing them for working out and no instance of any rub rash at all.

For the times when workout wear is not practical and you have to do a ton of walking, etc. they make this anti-chafing gel. It's Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel (Monistat makes it). You find it in the feminine product aisle. It works well.
  • bzgl40
    bzgl40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

That's a yeast infection just begging to happen...and/or heat stroke. Not allowing sweat to evaporate is disabling one's bodily cooling mechanism and inviting wicked chafing and rash, as well. I'd try neoprene shorts at your own risk.

not to mention they will do nothing for getting ride of cellulite. Surgery would get rid of it though. You can lesson the appearance of it by slimming and toning but that's it. Only time I am wearing neoprene is when I am getting into my wetsuit to do an open water swim for a triathlon. And you can't sweat fat. You can sweat water but if you want that weight to stay off you then I suggest not drinking water or taking in any other kind of liquids.
  • amykoa
    amykoa Posts: 10
    Options
    I have the exact same problem and now do most of my running in capris.

I have a question regarding running skirts though. I have a few, and I love them...for about the first 4 minutes...after that, the bike shorts under also start to ride up on me. Suggestions for that? The bike shorts feel tight, but not compression tight. Is it possible that they're too big, or maybe I just need shorts with a longer inseam? The ones I have are made by New Balance and Reebok. Does anyone have suggestions for running skirts with a longer inseam?
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem and now do most of my running in capris.

I have a question regarding running skirts though. I have a few, and I love them...for about the first 4 minutes...after that, the bike shorts under also start to ride up on me. Suggestions for that? The bike shorts feel tight, but not compression tight. Is it possible that they're too big, or maybe I just need shorts with a longer inseam? The ones I have are made by New Balance and Reebok. Does anyone have suggestions for running skirts with a longer inseam?

What I have found to work best are the running skirts with built-in briefs, rather than shorts. Then I roll a bit of Sport Shield on my inner thighs and am good to go for hours. That stuff is amazing (I first learned about it from some ultra runners. The same company--2 Toms--also makes a sock powder that is fabulous, Blister Shield). I also used to wear Pearl Izumi compression shorts that had thigh grippers, like their cycling shorts...but they no longer make them with the grippers. I have yet to find a compression short that doesn't ride-up without the grippers to hold them to my legs.
  • michaelsgirl1210
    michaelsgirl1210 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

not to mention they will do nothing for getting ride of cellulite. Surgery would get rid of it though. You can lesson the appearance of it by slimming and toning but that's it. Only time I am wearing neoprene is when I am getting into my wetsuit to do an open water swim for a triathlon. And you can't sweat fat. You can sweat water but if you want that weight to stay off you then I suggest not drinking water or taking in any other kind of liquids.

I never said anything about sweating fat - I said they help cellulite which is water logged fat. And if you wash the shorts regularly, as I do, and remove them immediately after exercising, there won't be much, if any, risk.