scosche mytrek?

Options
meerkat70
meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
I use a HRM, but because I'm quite boobylicious (very), all the bouncing about has caused me various issues with the chest strap (I lose connection more often than my flatter chested friends, and often get friction burns from the straps).

I've just spotted this product, which uses lasers and stuff to measure pulse rate from the arm. Reviews make it sound pretty promising and people suggest it's as accurate as their chest strap based HRM.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/myTREK-Training-Pulse-Rate-Monitor/dp/B005G2T4HW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340369729&sr=8-1

Has anyone used it successfully? Any thoughts on it?

Replies

• Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    OH was looking at these on YouTube, he hasn't taken the plunge, never take the plunge with 1st generation stuff although could turn out to be a blinding product Xx
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sorry that really wasn't very helpful was it :happy:
  • jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    sorry I just have the normal HRM but that does sound interesting!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    boobylicious...my new word of the day!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    OH was looking at these on YouTube, he hasn't taken the plunge, never take the plunge with 1st generation stuff although could turn out to be a blinding product Xx

This is my hesitation too. But it's not *that* expensive, and my chest strap issues are such that I wonder if it's worth it...

The few reviews I've found have been pretty positive. But I guess on the downside, it doesn't unshackle you from having to cart a phone round with you.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Giving this a little bump, in case anyone else has tried it.
  • 603d
    603d Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet but it went down in price and I've heard good things, so I purchased one today. I might even set it up tonight, but I don't know when I'll actually try it. I don't have a standard HRM though - this is my first.
  • 603d
    603d Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My FitBit calculated my yoga workout to be only 89 calories burned. Using my Scosche MyTrek HRM, it estimated 340 calories burned. So for MFP I put in the difference =) So yeah, It seems to work pretty well! Just don't forget that it has to charge for 2 hrs first. ( I wanted to use it right away once I opened it )
  • RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have one of these and did a comparison just today between that and my Timex HRM with a chest strap. The two were identical in heart rate readings and calories burned- I was pleasantly surprised! I use the free Iphone app for it that allows you to create different work outs.

In my opinion, it's a GREAT tool!!!