Have you ever

Options
I have been on my diet strong for three weeks and then it happened! I got my period. Have you ever felt like you wanted to eat everything in site? It is not evern dinner time and I have almost reached my limit for the day!!! :sad: I am getting married in November and need to lose the 60 extra lbs. I have been so good. I even have pictures of my wedding dress all over the house for motivation but I am ready to eat them too! Any ideas????

Replies

• heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have been on my diet strong for three weeks and then it happened! I got my period. Have you ever felt like you wanted to eat everything in site? It is not evern dinner time and I have almost reached my limit for the day!!! :sad: I am getting married in November and need to lose the 60 extra lbs. I have been so good. I even have pictures of my wedding dress all over the house for motivation but I am ready to eat them too! Any ideas????
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    :happy: Yeah don't eat the pictures...LOL. I think every woman goes through the eating it all if it isn't nailed down....we are here for you sista we know the pain...hang tight...go for a walk and take that pic with you!!!

:flowerforyou:

dd
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    LOL - I agree - don't eat the pics!! It's o.k. - tomorrow is a new day (a good mantra, as long as you don't have to use it every day!) Sometimes we just have to have a little grace with ourselves! That being said - find some healthy alternatives if you can, take that walk, a bubble bath, or something to be extra nice to yourself thats not food related!
  • its time for change
    Options
    I am a gobbler. I can't have a peice of candy in my mouth without crunching into it. Not even mints, and then I want to keep putting things in my mouth. But, I found that if I buy the Lindt 85% cocoa bars. I can break off a little peice, put it in my mouth and because there is so little milk, it melts very slowly and I enjoy the taste instead of chewing it up in 5 seconds. Hershey's dark chocolate does not work this well for me because it is more sugary and has more milk.

Have you tried popcorn? I'm eating some right now. I measure out 1 cup and log it.

Celery sticks, pickles ???

Are you listening to your body and what it's telling you. Maybe your body actually needs something and if you aren't getting it, you just keep eating trying to find it and you don't even know it. That happens to me too.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Like a bottomless pit! I think most women have sometimes uncontrollable hunger and cravings due to hormone levels during their periods. Some months are better than others for all of us. I read an article in prevention about a year ago that promoted calcium as a pms helper. I take one tablet everyday and then two tablets a day as soon as I start to get that hungry hippo feeling and it seems to help with the hunger and the pms symptoms like bloating etc. The months I don't do this I do eat more, but maybe that's because the months I take the calcium I am making myself very aware of what my body is doing. Well, I'm gonna keep taking it because otherwise it is a non-stop cycle of work hard and gain it back....ugh.
  • heatther
    Options
    I am so glad I am not the only one out there! Thank you so much for the support. I feel like going to the gym even thought it is my day off. I have been every day for 13 days and my dr said that is not healthy either so we will see I might still go...that or tanning. And a bubble bath sounds awesome!

Hope you all have a great night!
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Yep, same here! I usually try and eat some extra protein and good fats to fill me up, almonds are good. Veggies to much on and fruit for sweet stuff.

They don't call it the curse for nothing! I even start gaining water weight up to two weeks before in some months!
  • heatther
    Options
    How fustrating! I just keep telling myself tomorrow is another day and will be better! My dr is so funny she tells me to think of it as a marathon not a sprint. Does anyone pick up and extra pound when they have their period??? Or am I really in trouble!
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I gain an average of 5 pounds on my period:noway: LIke every time! I look HORRIBLE so i can feel your pain :flowerforyou: I think you should try some REALLY dark chocolate and go for a walk or jog. I always feel better after working out and you will also get earn enough cals to eat that chocolate! Oh and drink a lot of water it helps the symptoms ( what it doesn't help i don't know:bigsmile:)
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    8. Resist PMS Cravings
    The evidence is that women's bodies burn more calories between ovulation and menstruation. That's why sugary snacks look so good then. Don't starve yourself, but if you can resist the cravings for high-energy foods, your body will burn fat stores for energy.

taken from http://www.mth.org/metabolism.html
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I try to chew gum. It keeps my mouth busy without a ton of calories.
  • wackadoodle
    wackadoodle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Due to some health problems I had an IUD placed this passed year so I no longer have periods BUT guess what the monthly starving to death things doesnt go away, I just dont have all that cramping and stuff that goes with it, THANK GOD. I just try and distract myself with something else and drink a lot of water and do even more exercize or movement as you can.

Good luck to you and remember as others have said tomorrow is another day!

Peggy
  • its time for change
    Options
    I usually gain about 5 pounds with my period as well. I once had these 2 months in a row where I did not gain any weight while on my period and when it ended I actually lost 5 pounds. Unfortunately, that did not continue!:tongue:
  • heatther
    Options
    Thanks for all the advise! I am glad I am not alone! It is funny because my son had his bday and I could totally resist the cake. (which is my love) Then at work this week they had bday cake and I have been dying for it. I took a small piece and put it in the fridg. Every hour or so I go and have a bit! Plus I was up at 5 this morning working out! My dr got on my the other day because I was working out everyday and she said I needed to rest, I felt so bad all day!

Anyway thanks again for all the support! You guys are great!