I have to go food shopping tonight

Options
:sad: this is always a problem for me!i can never find good healthy recipies; im pretty picky when it comes to food. does anyone know any good sites?

Replies

• hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    when i go shopping i shop for foods i know i'll cook with.....my food staples are always center cut pork products examples : boneless or bone in C/C pork chops, pork loins, and even pork roast, chicken breasts, i need my red meat fix once a week sometimes twice so i'll buy some decent steaks, and some lean meat hamburg, for dairy i always get, low fat milk, some type of shredded cheese(just incase i want it in a recipe), eggs, and yogurt.....produce a lot of fresh green vegeables...green beans, spinach, brocolli, lettuce, fruits, u can get whatever your heart desires ....lol wait did i just list off my grocery list? sorry :blushing: got carried away.....the point i was going for was u can always get important foods that u can use and then find recipes for them later lmao
    p.s. I like allrecipes.com or recipezar.com
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I like the site "ALLRECIPES.com"...it gives you all the nutrition info (calories, fat, carbs, etc.) for each recipe. Also you can change the amount of servings you need and the amount of each ingredient automatically updates accordingly. Others who have tried the recipes have given their comments, ratings, etc. My husband and I are 2 weeks away from completing P90x and I have used recipes from that site throughout the entire time. I've been pleased with it.
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    I agree with KaraHarrington that allrecipes.com is a fantastick site. I even belong to it and it is free. Another good site is cooks.com and it is also free. The key to grocery shopping is the recipes you are going to use for the week and sticking to a list of what you need. Also try and stay on the outside of the isles. Thats where the healthy food items are. Pork is considered red meat now.