Weight Loss Confessions

Options
A little fun: Let's share out about some of those little weird habits we have about our food/weight loss/fitness, that sometimes make no sense whatsoever! I'll start:

1. I treat my scale like a person. I have a digital, so I'll weigh myself like 3 times in a row on it to make sure it has "decided" for sure.

2. I mix juice with seltzer water instead of drinking soda (Except diet coke, my one weakness!)

3. I make sure to burn off an even number of calories (Or a multiple of 5)

4. If it looks like exercise, I feel really dumb dong it in front of people.

5. I get really weirded out when I see someone eating a meal that contains more calories than I eat in like 3. I'm not against it or anything, it just sort of confuses me. Like a magic trick! Okay, that wasn't a good comparison, but you get my point.

So those are some of my weird food/weight loss/fitness confessions. What are yours? :D

Replies

• GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options

5. I get really weirded out when I see someone eating a meal that contains more calories than I eat in like 3. I'm not against it or anything, it just sort of confuses me. Like a magic trick! Okay, that wasn't a good comparison, but you get my point.

So those are some of my weird food/weight loss/fitness confessions. What are yours? :D

If I'm somewhere with friends or family and see someone shoveling everything in sight into their mouth it makes me physically sick!!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

If a serving size shows cups and weights...I use the food scale and weigh it instead of measuring it because I'm positive it's more accurate. I have weighed something and then measured it to double check their accuracy!
  • KaitieBean
    KaitieBean Posts: 24
    Options
    -I drink a cup of green tea and a cup and a half of vegetable broth before almost every meal to avoid eating too much.
    -I obsess over sodium and sugar content WAY more than the number of calories in food
    -I am afraid to get a scale because I don't want to become obsessed with weighing myself
    -I don't usually allow myself to go out and get a reaaally bad meal from a restaurant, but occasionally, when I do, I try and make sure to burn off at least half of the calorie intake for that particular meal after I've eaten it.
    -I never drink my calories (unless I'm juicing)
    -I fill up on grapes and other fruit when I'm hungry throughout the day so I can keep my calories for lunch and dinner a little higher
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    If I take a bite of something and then decide that it's not "worth it," I'll spit it out....often even if I'm at a restaurant or at a store (those free samples!).
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

4. If it looks like exercise, I feel really dumb dong it in front of people.

hee hee... you said "dumb dong"

i, too, am self conscious about exercising in front of people. like the p90x plyometrics... i feel like i am flailing about as others are doing actual things like lifting weights.
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I constantly flex my arms in the mirror. They look so much better, especially my shoulders.

I subconsciously flex my abdominal muscles throughout the day.

That's all I can think of for now.