MPF sets carbs too high!

Options
2»

Replies

• proctorcj
    proctorcj Posts: 31
    Options
    Ok Ive seen a few posts about setting your Carbs, Protein, and Fat and I would like to change mine as well but I dont know where to go to to actually set it up at? Any help would be great!!Thanks
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I just noticed this earlier this week - I was at 55 for carbs so I adjusted to 40/30/30 and will see how things shake out and adjust if needed.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Percentages are kind of an odd way to go about it. Shoot for about 1g protein per lb of lbm, .35g fat per lb of body weight, and the rest in carbs or however you like. For me that comes out to about 40/30/30 (c/p/f), but your mileage may vary.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Ok Ive seen a few posts about setting your Carbs, Protein, and Fat and I would like to change mine as well but I dont know where to go to to actually set it up at? Any help would be great!!Thanks

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_custom
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I just started this week and thought they are generous with the carbs and I also think the protein is too low.
  • w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,873 Member
    Options
    I recently set my goals to 50%c, 30%f, 20%p and feel so much better satisfied and less hungry when I reach my protein goal (which is still a struggle).
  • kajpen
    kajpen Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 40% Protein, 30% Carbs, 30% Fats. I lift heavy weights and do cardio 6 days per week, so I am careful to try to get in enough protein to protect my muscle. This site has been invaluable in terms of tracking just how much or little protein I am getting. But it lets me work on getting the macros closer to my goals.

BTW... I didn't choose to go low carbs, but I am gluten intolerant/celiac and find that most grains (even gluten free ones) cause me tummy issues. So most of my carbs come from veggies and fruits (with the occasional gluten free oatmeal thrown in).
  • proctorcj
    proctorcj Posts: 31
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_custom

Ok thanks for that....was wondering how to do that!! : )