50 lbs down - with pics!

Options
A year ago, if someone had told me that by the end of June next year I'd have lost 50 lbs, I'd have shaken my head, chuckled a bit, and said something scathing like, "Only if it's carved off of me..." I was working on my image of myself, but I'd pretty much given up hope of losing weight, and was just working on loving the fat me.

Something clicked in me around the end of November, and I decided that I was going to jump in head first and just do this. Even if I never lost a pound, I still wanted to be active and to eat well. I started a blog to keep me accountable (fatandflexible.tumblr.com), started doing yoga, and promised to work out at least three times a week, whether it was at home, in the gym, or walking around. I pretty much quit cold turkey going to fast food for lunch and started visiting the salad bar next to where I work in the grocery store.

I've done an overhaul on my life, and I couldn't have asked for a better reward!!! I have SO much energy! I thought I was "okay" before I began, even though there were nights that I'd be sitting on the couch with my husband, and I'd have to stretch as far back as I could so that I could take a deep breath. I couldn't walk up two flights of stairs without nearly hyperventilating. I wanted to sleep all of the time, and never wanted to go into a store, or grocery shopping. I had to order my clothes online because even Lane Bryant/Fashion Bug pants were getting to be too small for me. *shakes head* I was pathetic.

Now? I crawl on the floor with my best friend's ten month old! I can do 40 minutes on the elliptical (when I began, I thought three minutes was going to kill me)! My personality has changed, I'm a more positive person at work, and I ENJOY being around people. I can't wait to be able to jog, and I have the will to live an adventurous life, and not just give up because there's no way I'd ever be able to ride a horse/jet ski/skydive/hike/take a cross-continental flight.

I'm giving me my life back, and I am SO excited!

*side eye* I followed the directions, I swear...

Well, I can't get the images to link correctly, so check out my tumblr post if you want to see the photos. :|http://fatandflexible.tumblr.com/post/25615340642/look-isnt-that-something

Replies

• SWink06
    SWink06 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, congratulations!!
  • bulletprooff
    Options
    I tried to post the picture for you but I was having difficulty myself.

Fantastic job, definitely inspiring!
  • SaraRT1983
    SaraRT1983 Posts: 87
    Options
    Way To Go!!!!
  • MrsRando
    MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job changing your life!
  • melruiz5
    melruiz5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Lookin Good, Lookin Good. . . . GREAT Story... Keep up the FANTASTIC WORK!!!!! :drinker:
  • JenW1973
    JenW1973 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What a great job! You have the best attitude and you are doing great things for your body and your life. Congrats!

(BTW, you have such a pretty face!)
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job!! Keep going. I know you will love yourself even more.
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    :smile: GREAT JOB!!!!
  • bck80
    bck80 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! keep up the good work:drinker:
  • alizah79
    alizah79 Posts: 11
    Options
    What an amazing change! Not only physically, but the list of your new triumphs is so great! Plus, you're a really talented writer! I'm so excited for you. :)
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Yay, you are AMAZING!! <3
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    :blushing: Thank you, everyone!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329
    Options
    Great progress! Stay encouraged!
  • 14uqueen
    14uqueen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    Thanks!
  • KaitieBean
    KaitieBean Posts: 24
    Options
    You're doing so well. Keep up that PMA!!
  • stacey_cory
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and for the motivation! What weight did you start at? What is your goal weight?
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!

I like how you mentioned that your attitude improved, because I noticed that about me, too!

Friend request sent.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!