The Final Meltdown 8.26.09

Options
msh0530
msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
Good morning everyone! Just stopping in for a brief hi before I get ready for work. I'm still hanging in there, and trying to eat very well, as I still have too much sciatic pain to even consider going for a walk, let alone any other exercise. However, I did go to the dr. yesterday, and the good news is, he thinks that I have actually injured a muscle in that area, and put me on muscle relaxers. He seemed to think that I would be better soon, so here's hoping!
Have a wonderful Wednesday, and here's to smart choices!

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Mary I am glad you saw the Dr and had good news.
    I did not get a workout in last night and went over on my cals because on of the guys I work with brough me a chocolate sundae to cheer me up. I will get back to working out I just don't have the motivation right now.
    We have a little over a week until our final weigh in.

Hope yall have a great day:drinker:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Mary - hopefully you'll be all better very quickly.

Kath-that was very sweet for the guys at work to try to cheer you up - but isn't it funny how so many people (I WAS one of them) use food for comfort....now I'd rather go kick box or run til I almost faint to take out frustrations.

I saw an old friend from high school this past weekend and her mom is an awesome country cook....she offered to make us chicken and dumplins, macaroni, cream corn - all homemade and some of the best food you can eat but in my mind I am thinking - I can't do that....it's just not worth it.

I am getting extremely frustrated with the stand still - I was happy to have gone down a bit last week but once again this week - doing that 2 pound fluctuation back and forth - I did look at my calories and with all the exercise, I am under 1200 about half the time or even more. So I am focusing on getting in over the 1200 again. Also I thought I had read to eat carbs before cardio - and I have been but today I read an article to eat protein before and limit carbs in the evening so I figure it cannot hurt to try!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I would love to do kick boxing I might try that Tae Bo stuff. PLus my DH is very good at martial arts so he could teach me too

Chrissy you always give me such good ideas :flowerforyou: