Acne from sweat?

Options
I've never really had a problem with acne, but lately I'm finding that I'm getting a lot of breakouts around my hairline on my forehead where I am sweating during workouts.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm washing my hair regularly after workouts and my face daily in the morning and evening, but nothing seems to be working.

Replies

• missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    my husband just noticed the same thing. he said he feels like a teenager! ugh!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    YES!

I have found that if I immediately wash my face after a workout then the sweat/bacteria doesn't have time to wreak havoc on my skin...
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Mg and Zc deficiencies can lead to acne in adults. Also, drying out the scalp from washing too much. Try to moisturize the scalp with a bit of coconut oil, and up your electrolytes I mentioned. Happy Training!
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    YES! I hate it :(
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Yep, typically round the areas that I wipe sweat the most....under the eyes, around the nose. Probably doesnt help that I use the same towel back to back (I work out in home)...

I always shower and use face cleaner after workouts
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Happens to me too...small price to pay for the benefits. I did find a product called Acne Free Sport, which has salicyclic acid wipes for after your workout. I'm on Pro Active so they would be too drying for me but try to find them or see if Drugstore.com has em...hope that helps!