your body

hasiangirl
hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
It's sooooo hard to figure out how your body works and what it wants doesnt want as far as numbers of carbs protiens and fats......i;ve been at it for a mere 3 months and im still having trouble finding out what my body really wants! :grumble: does anyone else feel this way? :ohwell:

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    I dont think Im quite understanding you...But I do know if I go over on sodium just a little bit I bloat and go up 2-3lbs it holds water in my body badly....Carbs if Im incorporate more complex carbs than simple than I'll be okay and Ive been going over on protein and been just fine with it...Im starting to build more muscle tone.
  • hasiangirl
    i just meant how many calories your body really needs and what type of meals u need like some people are all set with a 4:1 carb to protien ratio......personally i cant eat carbs unless they come from natural sources like fruits and veggies.....otherwise i end up gaining a lot of weight......with the exception of low cal breads and wraps (whole wheat ofcourse)....or just certain foods in general.....lol shoot now im confusing myself :laugh: :laugh:
  • Shanta1983
    i just meant how many calories your body really needs and what type of meals u need like some people are all set with a 4:1 carb to protien ratio......personally i cant eat carbs unless they come from natural sources like fruits and veggies.....otherwise i end up gaining a lot of weight......with the exception of low cal breads and wraps (whole wheat ofcourse)....or just certain foods in general.....lol shoot now im confusing myself :laugh: :laugh:

Oh Ok Hasian I get what you saying...I cant eat to many whole grains because it makes me feel super swollen:laugh:
  • hasiangirl

Oh Ok Hasian I get what you saying...I cant eat to many whole grains because it makes me feel super swollen:laugh:
    exactly :bigsmile: and im still finding foods my body doesnt handle like pretzels :sad: i love pretzels too lol
  • Shanta1983
    And you know what else that does me bad....to much splenda...it bloats me bad......Products by Kashi dont do me good let see hmmm...I got plenty of em:laugh:
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Whew!! I could write a book on all the foods my body doesn't like, but my tastebuds do!!

I try to stick with fruits and veggies and whole grains, but dang....I wish my body liked pizza and doughnuts!:laugh:
  • kroger7
    kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
    My problem is my body doesn't feel full when I eat lots of protein. Everyone says eat protein to fill you up, well...it just doesn't work for me! I'm starting to discover that high protein with just a small portion of carbs each meal fills me up. The carbs fill me and the protein keeps me full until my next meal. What a struggle!:grumble: lol
  • hasiangirl
    My problem is my body doesn't feel full when I eat lots of protein. Everyone says eat protein to fill you up, well...it just doesn't work for me! I'm starting to discover that high protein with just a small portion of carbs each meal fills me up. The carbs fill me and the protein keeps me full until my next meal. What a struggle!:grumble: lol
    fiber filled vegetables might work too,,, im starving by the end of the meal if i only have protien even if its 8 oz's lol...but i found a cup of brocoli does wonders
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    when I am done recovering and allowed to lift weights again... I am going back to my 40p/35c/25f macro split
  • hasiangirl
    fiber filled vegetables might work too,,, im starving by the end of the meal if i only have protien even if its 8 oz's lol...but i found a cup of brocoli does wonders
    and then about 2 hours after dinner i have an apple or a late night snack :bigsmile: i find pink ladies to be delicious
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I've been here a year next week and I still feel that way....just don't give up and I always remember that what I am doing now is SOOOO much better than what I did a year ago whether I've hit that perfect mix or not.
This discussion has been closed.