Have apparently lost 6lbs since Monday??! Is this possible?

Options
Hi there,

I got back on the wagon on Mon and re-downloaded the MFP app. I have stayed within my own daily calorie goal most days (1500 cals) along with taking Acai berry tablets from Holland and Barrett. I have had a minimum of a 10 min walk every day, with another 45 min walk on Tues and half an hour of free-step on the Wii Fit on Wednesday.

I weighed myself on my Wii Fit on Monday night and weighed in at 190 lbs, wed I weighed 185 lbs and then again at the same time tonight and weighed 184 lbs.

Do you think this is a true reflection of my reduced calorie intake? Or is it more likely to be loss of fluid etc?

I don't want to get too excited lol but I'm chuffed all the same, although I realise this may not be a true loss and know that you always lose a bit quicker when you start.

Replies

• _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate 3,500 x 6 calories less than your TDEE then nope, it's water weight :)

It's probably not all fat, but I am sure a bit of it is. It's normal to drop weight fast in the beginning, just don't get discouraged because you can't keep the pace up :)

The best of luck to you, and congratulations on the loss.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Since you just restarted i would say water weight. BUt it does happen to me. I will go 2 weeks and not drop anything and then all of a sudden drop 5 pounds. But thats from hormones during my period or ovulation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!