Losing Weight In College

Options
Hi All,
I've been on MFP for about a week now and I'm looking for other college students on the journey to weight loss. I gained about 10-12 lbs from my high school graduation to now and I would love to get it off before I walk at commencement. I definitely need some people who understand how difficult it is to balance school and living healthy so please feel free to add me and share your stories.

Replies

• zooz93
    zooz93 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! Looks like you and I are in similar places. I gained about 17 pounds in my first year in college, and I ended up reaching my highest weight ever. I decided to join MFP, and I'm telling you, it really works. Keeping healthy in school is not easy, there are good days and bad days. But, I've already lost about 7 pounds through MFP, and I feel great. It's definitely worth sticking to because it makes you keep your overall health and happiness in mind when you go about your every day stuff. There's nothing like that red negative calorie number to get you headed straight to the gym or to do some extra pushups. Wouldn't be anything without the motivating of my MFP friends too, I've gotten great study snack ideas (popcorn) and motivating posts. So I'm gonna go ahead and add you to that list too! We're definitely in this together.
  • Brenaybrock
    Options
    I'm there too. My major is graphic design, so I have a bunch of late nights with munches food, sitting in the computer lab! I have gained about twenty since I started college and need to take about twenty five off to get back down to my pre-baby weight ( I am a married mom going back). I would love to have friends who are also trying to navigate that school caf! Lol do either of y'all use your schools gym and health center?
  • masked_habit
    Options
    It is hard! that's exactly what I'm going through right now!
  • megantron3691
    Options
    I go to Virginia Tech. I am very lucky that my school is so focused on fitness. We have 2 gyms, and I think there are plans for a 3rd, 15 + tennis courts, and an outdoor track nearby. Not to mention a duck pond and horticulture garden that is very beautiful to walk through.

I am very inspired by your drive to go back to school, lose weight, and raise a child. I can't imagine having the responsibility of another human being while going to school by itself and trying to lose weight on top of that. You are truly an inspiration and I am sure your husband and child must be very proud of you.