Gave up Soda's..Now what?

Options
2»

Replies

• iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Water. I must be one of the few but room temperature water is my favorite.

Im like that too...i heard its actually better for you than cold water because your body doesnt have to warm it up...I just find it easier to guzzle that way
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Crystal light lemonade packets. 10 cal per packet.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Why are diet sodas so bad? They have very few calories? Can someone educate me please?

there are a lot of camps on this one and you probably dont want to start the debate because it can get ugly!

the pro's: low or no calories, nice shot of caffeine in many of them, helps with the sweet cravings

the cons: most have artificial sweeteners that may or may not cause issues long term (and many people-me included-are sensitive to aspartame & splenda and get symptoms that range from stomach cramps to migraines and more). aside from the sweeteners there are chemicals, artificial colors, flavors & preservatives in them that cause at the very least, tooth decay and again could cause other issues as well. There have been studies (that may or may not be bunk depending on who you ask) that suggest that drinking diet drinks can cause increased cravings, unstable insulin levels and weight gain. there is caffeine in a lot of diet sodas and some people should stay away from them. If you're drinking a diet coke you're not drinking a glass of water and water is important.

everyone has their own opinions on this subject, I stay away from them because of the way they make me feel (like crapola) but lots of people love them. If you don't feel as good as you think you should and you drink a lot of diet pop then cut back and see how you feel.
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    I drink diet green tea. :)
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I squeeze the juice of a fresh lemon into ice cold water (no sugar).

I also like Trader Joe's low calorie lemonade (40 calories per 8 oz).

Other than that, just water or milk in moderation.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I drink tea now - green tea.
    That is so much better for your body than soda. I really just don't know why anybody into health would still be drinking it.
    Whatever...to each his own.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,039 Member
    Options
    If you miss the bubbles, try sparkling water. I think Peligrino is the best. When the weather is hot, I drink a lot of "fuzzy water". I kicked a 6-pack a day Diet Coke habit, so I don't dare ever drink soda, lol.
  • konalove3
    konalove3 Posts: 79
    Options
    try a bunch of different kinds of tea until you find one you like that you dont need any sort of sweetener added to it. super easy to make a big pitcher of iced tea and really hits the spot when you're looking for something other than water.
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Nice response. I agree entirely. At the end for me, I just feel better when I stopped drinking soda. I found early on that some effected me worse than others. Diet cola was the less offensive with diet ice teas the worst. I found the worst really increased my cravings; or rather increased my ability and tolerance to binge on almost anything.
  • 3ofmine
    3ofmine Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I quit soda because I didn't want to drink all my calories. I drank probably 3-4 a day. Now I may have a Sprite or Sierra Mist Natural occasionally but I don't buy them for home anymore. I drink water, Crystal Light and other juices some or tea.

Angel