MP3 music and exercise

Options
I really love to use music while I exercise because I feel more energetic and inspired. I love power walking and jogging. Music just seems to make my workouts more meaningful. These are some of the songs that are my go to songs.

Moulin Rouge-Lady Marmalade (it has a good beat and I like the strong female vocals)

New Shoes-Paoulo Nutini (very fun and light hearted)

Fighter-Christina Aguilera (I like the words like stronger and fighter, it makes me feel like boxing as I run)

Free your Mind- En Vogue (just a fun blast from the past and a good beat)

Gettin Jiggy with it-Will Smith (just because I can't help myself)

and this is the most uncommon one, but trust me when I say this song does it for me every time!

A Little Less Conversation-Elvis Presley

Its great because its like six minutes long and the tempo just keeps getting more powerful as it gets faster. You can not beat the energy you feel when he says Come on, come on...Come on come on..Come on come on

Do me a favor, if you haven't heard it or worked out to it, just try it.

Now do any of you have any songs that mean the same thing to you? I would love to try some new ones!

Replies

• JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Warrior by Disturbed (http://www.elyrics.net/read/d/disturbed-lyrics/warrior-lyrics.html) I can't slow down during this song, especially with the line stand up & show me some pride.

Boss's Daughter by Pop Evil
    Kick @ss by Egypt Central (the title says it all)
    You're going down by Sick Puppies (another song about defeating somebody/something)
    Cryin' like a beyotch by Godsmack (another one)
    Seek & Destroy by Metallica (a lot of Metallica songs could make this list, but this is my favorite)
    Back in Black by AC/DC

I also have a bunch of 80's hair bands like Skid Row, Quiet Riot, the Scorpions, Aldo Nova, Ratt that get me cranked up as well.
  • ThereasaMarie
    Options
    I use music when I am walking or working out as well. I have a couple of albums I listen to that really get me going.
    Anything by Kirk Franklin is my go to because its up lifting and has a wonderful beat and spiritual as well.
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the new songs. I knew some of them, but being in my mid 40's, I did have to ask my 18 year old son and he so agreed that those songs would be great to work out to. He promises to put them on my I-pod. I'll let you know what I think. Thanks