Greets!

Options
:smile:

Hi! I stumbled upon this place while trying to "google" calories for a few foods.

I lost 50 lbs on WW but due to a rather prolonged illness I am now back to needing to lose 41-42 lbs. UGH...

I got the Doc's clearance to resume working out again so I bought a book describing a cardio-free way of exercising and the diet part is all calorie counting. It is also the opinion of the author that strength training is the ONLY way to sustain a weight loss...not that cardio is all that bad.

At my age I gotta watch it!

I look forward to participating in this very cool site.

Good Luck to all and see you in the trenches!!!

Replies

• DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    :smile:

Hi! I stumbled upon this place while trying to "google" calories for a few foods.

I lost 50 lbs on WW but due to a rather prolonged illness I am now back to needing to lose 41-42 lbs. UGH...

I got the Doc's clearance to resume working out again so I bought a book describing a cardio-free way of exercising and the diet part is all calorie counting. It is also the opinion of the author that strength training is the ONLY way to sustain a weight loss...not that cardio is all that bad.

At my age I gotta watch it!

I look forward to participating in this very cool site.

Good Luck to all and see you in the trenches!!!
  • tjblack
    tjblack Posts: 122
    Options
    Welcome. Good luck to you:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • its time for change
    Options
    Welcome!!:smile:
  • tettymurry
    Options
    good luck to you, im new today but i want to say welcome aboard...
    rosie
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've enjoyed this site so much and hope you do too!
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone....it's nice to be greeted by so many friendly people!
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    Welcome to the site and please share your experience with the "no cardio" workout if you go for it. I think we all like to hear about new things that work, doesn't matter if it's a new recipe or a new workout or a new heart rate monitor. We just love hearing about stuff....:smile:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!!!