Dammit I Ate a Cookie

Options
A cookie appeared on the horizon and I ate it and the found out it was 421 calories. eeeek. I hope that cookie will fuel my workout later cuz I am not eating anything else right now. arg. Bad thing, it was not that great.

Replies

• loztredders
    loztredders Posts: 142
    Options
    Wow 421 cals for one cookie!?
    Don't dwell on it though, just learn from it and the realisation that it wasn't worth it and move on :-)
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wow 421 cals for one cookie!?
    Don't dwell on it though, just learn from it and the realisation that it wasn't worth it and move on :-)

i saw this on one of my daughters bibs back in the day.... " Spit Happens" Hit the workout hard, burn the extra crap off... Put all that sugar and carbs to fuel... Smile and move on! Tis all you can do.
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Just remember it was ONE COOKIE and that you can burn off the calories. Hey, I've eaten muffins with more calories than that!!! :laugh:
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    "A cookie appeared on the horizon" . . . hahaha.

Do a great workout later and next time, if it isn't that great, stop eating it! Mistakes = learning experiences.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Did you at least enjoy the cookie?
  • 13pointUNO
    13pointUNO Posts: 51
    Options
    Maybe next time the forklift picking up the cookie will be a dead giveaway that you shouldn't eat it.
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    A cookie appeared on the horizon and I ate it and the found out it was 421 calories. eeeek. I hope that cookie will fuel my workout later cuz I am not eating anything else right now. arg. Bad thing, it was not that great.

They do that those damn cookies! I ate one too and it was about that many cals . . . :tongue: It was yummy.

I am running a marathon tomorrow though so I figured I could allow myself a damn cookie! And it will help fuel your workout. :flowerforyou:
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Put it behind you and try not to think about it - lol. I actually had an "I ate a cookie" moment today as well - but it was well worth the 170 calories! I can sure eat a chocolate chip cookie sandwich with butterceam icing inbetween and on top. I'm SURE that thing has MORE than 420 calories, but it is pure Heaven. Haven't had one this year, though. But I do think about it on occasion! Ya have to remember, too, that this is all about how you are going to eat for life and I know at least for me, I'm not always going to be eating healthy. This whole month was one of not doing so well and only losing one pound, but I'll take that because I didn't gain anything!
  • Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332
    Options

try not to look at one item on one day, but a larger chunk of time, such as a week's worth of nutrition and exercise. If you are balanced, one day's indulgance won;t hurt anything and may even give you an energy spike to have a great workout or two.
  • tracyhall63
    tracyhall63 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I had a great workout, took a body step class, and suprised myself at how much energy I had. That being said I am not going to have a cookie before every workout and expect that result. The last few days I have been sluggish so I was happy with the energy today.