a hypothtical question for the (over 40) guys

Options
2»

Replies

• scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    It all depends on who you are trying to attract. If you are just looking for a shallow mon for a one night stand, it may make difference.

On the other hand, if you are looking for someone to love you for who you are it would not matter. They will be attracted to you first by they way you look and then get to know you. By the time you would bear all to him, the areas that you are concerned with would not make a difference. He would love you for you and think you are beautiful. Everyone has areas that they are not happy with, and we all all tend to make a bigger deal about those areas.

Your husband is a lucky man.
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    Options
    Preference is preference. You will find some who do and many who don't. I totally disagree that it makes them superficial. We all look for aspects in someone else that we find appealing. Is a woman who doesn't want to date a 300lb guy wrong? Personally I don't think so.

For me, it would not matter one bit. My current girlfriend sometimes worries about her body. When we are together I simply prove to her over and over that her fears are unfounded.

One last thought. Women (and men) tend to be harder on themselves than any other people. We see ourselves in the harshest light. Remember, you see flaws where we don't.

Dang, Jester really nailed this one.

At a certain age, you need to realize that people are going to have some miles on them. I will never have a perfect body, but it is tons better than it was!
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I have lost a ton of weight.

In clothes and high heels in a bar I look f***ing fantastic but IF I wasn't madly in love with my husband and I was out on the pull, if we went home together would you be put off by my slightly drooping boobs and mum tum??

Let me answer that with a reversal:

In the right clothes, like those with tighter arms or a suit and tie which in both I look f***ing fantastic, but IF i wasn't madly in love with my wife and was out on the town, if we went home together would you be put off my my beer belly because that is the last place the weightlifting has not yet corrected?

To me this is the same point everyone else is trying to make. Be confident about yourself.
  • Happylady123
    Happylady123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Not if you say all the right things! ;)
  • Happylady123
    Happylady123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I would think that any effort a person puts into bettering themselves is a very sexy thing. The fact that a man cares enough to watch what he eats and goes to the gym to workout are very attractive to me. I love my husband for a million reasons, but he could care less about how he looks. He seems to be oblivious about his appearance. How do I motivate him to care?
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    as I have told several women I dated over the years, if i wanted perfect breast and thighs I would go to KFC. :laugh:

if we had gotten to a part of dating where we were naked, I would not be concerned about "perfection" as I am not perfect either. :smile:
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj5-71ziM5c

THIS!!! Or at least this is what my husband says...lol. :laugh:
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    For me, after my wife lost both breasts at 33 years old to breast cancer, I would be ecstatic to have ANY fully functioning healthy breast........... droop or no droop! I know my situation is not the norm so take it for what it's worth:) Just my 2 cents:)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    At 22 years old, even I've noticed my boobs could be a tad perkier and have asked my fiance (who's 47) if he noticed it, his response? That's what boobs do. It's simple and any normal minded man should have no problem with some boobs that droop a bit - it's normal.