How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I don't like to weigh every day, or every week for that matter! I read one book by Don Colbert MD that recommends every month. What do you do/

Replies

• rtpjmlm5
    rtpjmlm5 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning when I wake up.
  • venesslioness
    Options
    I broke my scale, ladies, so don't feel bad!!! (Half joking, half sad!) I haven't weighed myself in over 3 weeks. I just don't know if I could handle breaking another scale. I was on a roll, lost 10 pounds, but now I gained all of it back plus 2 more. Talk about being discouraged!!
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    once a week, right after waking up...i find any more and it gets annoying, any less and i tend to wonder if im even making any progress...with once a week, it gives me that weekly confirmation that im making the right choices throughout the week
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    I weigh every morning after I get up. I know I probably should only weigh once or so a week. But i'm still new at the whole weight monitoring, so I'm still feeling everything out.
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Every morning when I get up. I'm just starting this journey for the LAST TIME and right now, it's an obsession for me. I don't take it to heart though. If I was suddenly up 5 lbs overnight, then I would be worried!
  • erinm2629
    erinm2629 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have been all over the place as far as how often i weigh. Right now I weigh almost every morning when i wake up but when i was starting the journey i would weigh weekly when my weight-loss buddy weighed. I have read you should not weigh daily but i get overly obsessed if I don't "check-in" daily.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me. I started MFP last week and only lost a pound because I was having Lady Days...I am psyched about the weigh-in this week, which is tomorrow. More than once a week I can't handle emotionally, I get all wrapped up in minor fluctuations.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Every morning, but I only record and pay attention to a weekly weigh in on Tuesdays...it's probably just more of an OCD thing for me LOL
  • purpleplum1214
    purpleplum1214 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I try to do it once a week! Sometimes I catch myself doing it everyday. Which I shouldn't lol
  • DrunkenGamer67
    DrunkenGamer67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Every day when I wake up. I know you're not supposed to because of the fluctuations that occur during the week. Also a gain can definitely put me in a sour mood, but I just have to know.
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I don't like to weigh every day, or every week for that matter! I read one book by Don Colbert MD that recommends every month. What do you do/

Every single day. and whether it's up or down, I log it here. Keeps me accountable and I can see the trends so I can continue to improve myself. :wink:
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at least 6-10 times a day, I'm just fascinated with the numbers I like to try and understand every fluctuation my body has just for my own curiosity.

I record my weight daily right after my morning pee.
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    depends on the day. Sometimes 2 times a day other times about 15. Depends on my mood.
  • aaronf289
    aaronf289 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Every morning after I wake up.......sometimes I weigh myself before I go to bed just to see what the difference is in the morning.
  • pogojr
    pogojr Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Normally on Wednesdays.
  • xypop
    xypop Posts: 7
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I just like feeling that I'm keeping everything in check. I try not to get too upset when I see the scale going up a few pounds but it doesn't really discourage me, it make me want to work harder.

I'm really close to my target weight so it's crucial that I should be more dedicated to my goal.
  • udflyrsfan
    udflyrsfan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wrigh myself once a week...every Wednesday morning on the same scale and in the same clothes.
  • sewmushfun
    sewmushfun Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. Honestly it is just to feel proud. I get on there, look at how I have done so far... and it puts a smile on my face for the day and reminds me why I eat so much lettuce! Lol. I also like to see the variety from the different foods I have for dinner. High sodium dinner? That will be an extra pound or so the next day. After a shower I actually noticed I gain a half pound, how funny, right? But I take into account the variations over the week and Monday morning is when I log any progress into MFP. Unless I had take out Sunday evening... ;P
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I record my weight daily right after my morning pee.

oh yeah, forgot about that part, its important

pee first, then weigh, lol