How many friends do you have?

Options
Family,
I have a question. How many friends do you really need on MFP? My thought process, the more friends I have the more time I have to spend replying to all of them vice working out. I only limited myself to about 30 friends. This way I can support them 110%. I joined this website to count my calories and to gauge my weight lose/gain process. Over time I have meet some very interesting people and have enjoyed chatting with them, but I must stay focus because this is not Face Book, Twitter or MySpace...if anyone still use that. :happy:

Anyway, my question is how many friend do you need or want to have in your support group?

Replies

• SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I have 299 pals ...Starting here over 400 days ago...I had the same mindset as you have as far as the number..Kept my list small to 50 people but as I continued my journey and got helped, challenges, success stories I added on supportive pals ...I extended my limit....I don't specifically have a number anymore I am inspired by my pals and expect the same support I give..I keep only active people serious about this. .I may not catch them all daily but I hit them up at least once a week....To each it's on....
  • sonnyless
    sonnyless Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have 160, and I really don't want more than that. I used to have almost 200. I agree that the more friends you have the more harder it becomes to consistently support them all. Some of my pals have 500-900 friends. But, different strokes for different folks.
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Rigth now I try to keep it below 20 friends. I don´t know if that will change, but that´s how I keep track of everybody. I like to comment each one and to support as much as possible (even though I´m one of the horrible ones, that migth actually speak out, if I feel friends are not being healthy.)

For me it´s to overwhelming to have to many friends and I usually decline random friend requests, unless they send a message with it.
  • bumbledust
    bumbledust Posts: 22
    Options
    I have zero, but I browse the forums a fair bit.

OP, it is very endearing to me that you refer to us as "family". :)
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Rigth now I try to keep it below 20 friends. I don´t know if that will change, but that´s how I keep track of everybody. I like to comment each one and to support as much as possible (even though I´m one of the horrible ones, that migth actually speak out, if I feel friends are not being healthy.)

For me it´s to overwhelming to have to many friends and I usually decline random friend requests, unless they send a message with it.

This! And being one of said friends (Hi Lea), I love your support! Speaking out is what we sometimes need to shake us out of something that might become a bad habit! I also agree with limiting friends. I want people to be accountable to and to support them in return. How can you possibly do this with 100s of friends????