Calories left but not hungry?

Options
Hi everyone,

Just wondering what you all would do when you have calories left over but you're no longer hungry?

Replies

• olivia_sweeetie13
    Options
    I have this problem legit everyday! Like, I'm only eating about 300 to 500 cals a day, but I ain't hungry enough to keep on eating. Maybe we should eat higher calorie foods... can't believe I just said that :/

I talked to one of my doctors today and he said that if you don't eat 1800 or something close to it, you'll have a gall bladder disease and have to have it removed :o
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    if i'm not hungry, i don't eat. i'll make up for it some other day, i'm sure. if it becomes a habit, though, like eating too little all the time outside of physical reasons (like no cash) then you should be concerned.

it's okay to be low on calories for a day or two if you're not hungry. at least in my opinion.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    if i'm hungry, i eat.
    if i'm not, i don't.
  • black_sabbath
    Options
    I'm only 200 calories out. Which to be honest i'm very proud of. I love food far too much!
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Probably not the answer you're looking for, but I use it as a treat! I eat a mini ice cream sandwich almost every night (110 cals), and if I have room for it, I'll eat a second one :)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    I have this problem legit everyday! Like, I'm only eating about 300 to 500 cals a day, but I ain't hungry enough to keep on eating. Maybe we should eat higher calorie foods... can't believe I just said that :/

I talked to one of my doctors today and he said that if you don't eat 1800 or something close to it, you'll have a gall bladder disease and have to have it removed :o

i'd love to have this clarified... i don't necessarily disagree, but i know that a nutrient-dense diet doesn't always add up to 1800 calories in a day. does your doctor also mean net calories? or gross calories?
  • black_sabbath
    Options

I think 300-500 calories a day is far too low. It'll make you ill.
  • ccpowers
    ccpowers Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I tend to have some of my 1200 calories left over some days, but when I know I am going to go over I don't worry too much about it, as it evens out. I try not to eat back my exercise calories. Right or wrong, I don't know yet. I will figure it out. But if I am not hungry why would I try to stuff myself just because of the numbers. The eating just because is one of the things that got me to where I was. And...I have no gall bladder anymore so I am safe..haha
  • black_sabbath
    Options
    Probably not the answer you're looking for, but I use it as a treat! I eat a mini ice cream sandwich almost every night (110 cals), and if I have room for it, I'll eat a second one :)

I did! I had some biscuits already. But i'm still under. I'm just not hungry enough for any more.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on how many calories you have left. 500 or less? Nah, don't worry about it. But if you have quite a lot left, I'd suggest eating something anyway, perhaps a thing of yogurt, or a serving size of pretzel sticks.
  • purpleplum1214
    purpleplum1214 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You should eat at least 1200 calories a day. If you eat less than that you send your body into starvation mode and your body holds on the what you gave it and turns it into fat. There are alot of blogs and post on here. I am part of a group called "Eat more weigh less" you can get some real good information from it!

Hopefully this helps!!
  • stephenlyon
    stephenlyon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It depends on your size and weight. You need to find out what the danger starvation level is for your body size. I am 6'3" and 243 lbs. My starvation mode kicks in at around 1200 calories and below. Find out where yours is and try to stay above it, even if you aren't hungry.

Granted I don't look at net calories I look at calories taken in. I'd love to hear other peoples opinions on going off Net vs Total Food Calories.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering what you all would do when you have calories left over but you're no longer hungry?

Common Sense...Don't Eat! There will be a day when you are Extra hungry, THEN Eat those calories. THIS is your BODY doing what is NATURAL (Calorie Zig Zagging) It is UN-NATURAL to eat the SAME amt of calories each day. Just use Common Sense.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I honestly honestly cannot understand how someone can eat 600 calories and say they are full. I'm not saying that to be mean or insulting, I just cannot process it. I think if you have left over cals every day you should really try to start eating up to your goal, try calorie dense food, they are many healthy calories dense foods out there. It really is unhealthy to be eating so low, esp long term, a day here and there under goal happens, but consistently eating a low caloric diet can cause real damage to your body.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options

That's weird cause people who eat all the time still have to have their gall bladder removed too lol
  • Richard323
    Richard323 Posts: 21
    Options
    3-500 cals a day is not even close to what you should have. Honestly with absolutely no disrespect meant, I'd look at mental illness or underlying issues. The body requires a specific number of calories a day to function properly. The body requires a specific calorie amount a day to maintain as well. A healthy active person who excercises daily should eat no less than 1,500 calories, maybe more. it varries on your weight, size, and body mass. People who are built with larger structures require more to keep going than smaller people will. Hence need more. Depending on what you eat, say if your diet says 1,650 and your eating 1,400 and just don't feel up to it don't worry. This site isn't just about weight loss it's about health. True health requires a normal functional balanced diet. However, if your diet and body needs require 1,650 and your eating 650 that isn't good. Now that doesn't mean you need to shove pizza down your throat, but you can add protien shakes, and other things and yes a little higher calorie food to make up the difference. Also for those who don't take in as much as they should food wise need to make up vitamin loss as well.
    I'd be very careful to monitor your intake as a healthy intake not only helps proper weight loss and health it will boost your energy levels, and so much more.
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Mine all comes out in the wash. I am good all week and dont worry about calories left over on the weekdays if it is only a couple hundred.....I make up for it and then some on the weekends ;)
  • mhuch110
    mhuch110 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    If you are supposed to eat 1200, what do you do if your BMR is under that? Mine calculates out at 1186. I rarely eat that much on a day when I don't exercise and it's just because I'm not hungry enough. I've been told before that I'm not eating enough and that's why I'm not losing any weight but I don't want to eat just for the sake of eating when I'm not hungry. It's confusing and frustrating!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I think you should listen to your body. If you are really not hungry, don't eat. You will probably be hungry tomorrow morning, Great! eat a big healthy breakfast. A lot of people get overweight because they don't listen to their own body. They eat at "meal time" and for social reasons, instead of the only reason they should be eating, to nourish their body. Don't get me wrong I eat at parties and like to share meals with loved ones, but the primary reason for putting food in your mouth should ALWAYS be to give your body what it needs to function well.
  • black_sabbath
    Options
    It depends on your size and weight. You need to find out what the danger starvation level is for your body size. I am 6'3" and 243 lbs. My starvation mode kicks in at around 1200 calories and below. Find out where yours is and try to stay above it, even if you aren't hungry.

Granted I don't look at net calories I look at calories taken in. I'd love to hear other peoples opinions on going off Net vs Total Food Calories.

It says I should have 1200 calories. But I feel great...no hunger pains no well nothing.

But I do thank you for the information. And everybody else too :)