I am ready...

Options
OK-- I finally am to the point where i realize I must lose weight! I am only 5'2 and weighed in at 210 yesterday! I went shopping and had to go up two sizes. I am too the point that I am not comfortable wearing anything but sweat pants. I am not happy looking in the mirror under any circumstance and I almost feel embaressed leaving the house with my husband to go to a party. It is weird.

I've been considered overweight all my life. But i sure don't mind curves. but 210lbs is too many curves for me, I would be happy at 160 or even 170 at this point. I just want to feel better.

Honestly, I want to lose this weight before my husband and I decide to have kids. I want to be healthy while I am pregnant and honestly, I know this sounds horrible, but I want to be a "cute pregnant lady". ..... I am venting I think. but it feels good and is the truth. :ohwell:

If anyone wants to talk, PM me. Again I am 24 yrs old weighing in at about 210. I live in MD.

Replies

• butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    you can do it..dont ever give up..it is a life long change and it can be done..:happy: you will have good days and bad :explode: :mad: just get right back on track and never give up.:bigsmile: .always remember this is for you to be a healthy person no one else..:flowerforyou: keep your head up...you will get there and when you do you will thank yourself for it!!!
  • shalinik78
    Options
    Welcome Girl !

You know you have already won half the battle by talking this decision and the day you start loosing you will start getting closer to your goals. Don't over expect from your body, it took 24 years to reach at 210 give it atleast a year to getting used to 160 ~ 170 :)

Moreover many many people like me are all here to support you and back you up when you get weak :)

Cheers !
    Good Luck !
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I am too the point that I am not comfortable wearing anything but sweat pants.

I'm not comfortable in clothing at all. When I'm out I can't wait to come home and get undressed. lol
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    That's very smart to lose weight before you get pregnant.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Welcome to the site and good luck to you!