Eating out tomorrow - help!

Options
paulaviki
paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
Hi, tomorrow I am meeting friends in London and going to Bodeans BBQ restaurant. I keep being told I need to try the burnt ends but are they horrendously high in fat and calories? I know I can have salad instead of fries and ditch the coleslaw and avoid the mac and cheese (sob!) but what are my best choices for not going too crazy on calories.

I'm allowed 1510 calories a day an usually eat back my exercise calories of about 200 cals. I'll probably have breakfast of about 300 cals and work out too do that leaves me over 1000 to play with. I don't really drink alcohol so will bd drinking diet coke.

Menu is here - http://www.bodeansbbq.com/_menus/soho_-_13april2012_table_menu.pdf

Any help would be appreciated, its going to be tough not to just pig out!!

Replies

• Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    If a restaurant is famous for a certain dish and you are going to that restaurant for the first time, I think it would be plain wrong not to try that dish, fat and calories be damned.

Are these "burnt ends" something you can split with someone(s) else? Then get grilled chicken or fish for yourself. Ask them to leave off the coconut rice and double up on the veggies instead.